Ill be honest

R
RunWithSasquatch
First, there is a huge audience of trout orientated people, and am surprised there isn't a post on this fish.

Second, trout really havent got me goin, like a steelhead/ salmon get me going for a long time now...

But, Ill post on this trout.

M
Mattdm22
Could of swore someone posted about a new Idaho record trout but either way that is one HAWG!

L
lilsalmon
wow....and I thought ours were big from the Williamson....that is a purty fish

C_Run
I hate to sound cynical but I am surprised people aren't trashing that guy for keeping that fish, what with the intact adipose fin and all. I'd be reluctant to mention catching a trout in some circles.

J
JKham
I would have just taken pics and released it. Its lived a long life to be able to get that big so I'd want it to keep going but thats just my opinion.

B
beaverfan
I hate to sound cynical but I am surprised people aren't trashing that guy for keeping that fish, what with the intact adipose fin and all. I'd be reluctant to mention catching a trout in some circles.

That doesn't mean that isn't a hatchery trout. At least in Oregon many lakes are stocked with adipose intact trout.

R
rippin fish lips

if there is a trout that big in there... there are/is trout bigger or that size in there... just my opinion.

B
bigsteel
if it is wild its ashame the genetics are now tablefare

No_Bad_Skunks
LOL!

Go back and take a second look at that picture. A guy catches a 'Bow as big as Chinook...and he still holds it out to the camera while having his picture taken, to make it look bigger.

C_Run
Sorry I started something here. I had just gotten back from the coast and met a couple of guys who had caught their two trout out of a river and were grumbling about the limit being only two. They were older than me so could probably remember when the limit was 20 and every creek was open. It just got me to thinking how people really care a lot about some fish but not others and how it doesn't make a lot of sense sometimes. If those guys put a picture of those fish on here they would be opening themselves up to criticism. But then, if someone reports on catching a ling cod for example, also a wild fish, they would only get congratulations.

B
bigsteel
for me i dont follow ling cod reports,i have no interest in ocean fishing.....for example most fly fishing trout fishermen are catch and release so they are protective over native\wild fish and the harvesting of them......you dont see that in ocean fishing.....just a guess

N
Niers
Catch and release my arse! I fish cause I like to eat fish. Any time I catch a legal fish....rest assured I'll be eating it that night!
:dance:

M
mosd
i pay my taxes, if the fish is clipped its coming home with me. wild i would release unless stated in the regs that you can take a wild fish, but more than likely i would release it.

B
beaverfan
I looked and 56,000 trout are stocked in there every year so they likely do things the way Oregon does and don't clip the trout they put in there. Then I found this interesting article that basically says they think this fish a naturally occuring triploid. (not that it takes anything away from this awesome catch but it would sure explain the size lol)

N
nwkiller
wow, thats only 15 pounds shy of the world record trout awesome fish