I use this boat as a Dinghy in the summer for a bigger boat.

S
stereowiz
I want to take it fishing for steelhead instead of watching collect dust in my garage. Where would it be safe to use? It has a fiberglass bottom and 15 horse with a prop.
I have a license for both Washington and Oregon and live in the Portland area.

• IMG_3734.jpg
D
DrTheopolis
If waters levels are decent, you can hit just about any lower river you want. With a 15, I'd only head upstream, and be really careful about bottoming out the prop. the Meldrum area on the Willy, the Lower Clack in general, Barton or Carver areas. I'm sure there's plenty more.

Definitely not the ideal winter steel boat, but the USS Paid For is a fine vessel.

Casting Call
Casting Call
What is the total lenght? 11ft?

E
eugene1
Cool boat and I would definitely try it out for fishing.

I agree with Dr. I used to have a smokercraft with a prop. The prop is limiting where you can take it, but I could launch it in some places that had good deep ramps. Then I'd motor to a place that would hold fish, throw the anchor out and put out plugs or diver and bait. Easy fishing if you find good spots.

Be careful your first times out in a new area, look for rocks, branches, and other dangers. Also, be careful when anchoring, never anchor in fast water.

I think a good spot to try it out would be the launch on the Clack at Clackamette park, motor up the Clack a ways and give it a shot?

Best,

S
stereowiz
Yes, its 11 feet.

T
Throbbit _Shane
Looks like it would be fun to fish for bass out of.

S
stereowiz
Its funny, I have a 32FT cruiser and an 11FT Dinghy, my wife said I sell both of them and get the fishing boat I want. I like fishing the Columbia in the big boat with a beer, a bathroom and the game on..

D
DrTheopolis
eugene1 said:
I think a good spot to try it out would be the launch on the Clack at Clackamette park, motor up the Clack a ways and give it a shot?

I think you can do about the same thing at Carver and Barton, too.

D
DrTheopolis
stereowiz said:
Its funny, I have a 32FT cruiser and an 11FT Dinghy, my wife said I sell both of them and get the fishing boat I want. I like fishing the Columbia in the big boat with a beer, a bathroom and the game on..

I've never done it, but that's always sounded like a blast to me. A person could even go for multiple days.

E
eugene1
Might be a better idea, since I read that the ramp at Clackamette is closed for repair.

DrTheopolis said:
I think you can do about the same thing at Carver and Barton, too.