I need some advise....kinda new

B
burlajohnny
OK so right now it is June 1st 2013. I have done some steelhead fishing on the sandy but with no luck. Can I get some advise on where I can catch some spring steelhead and with what rig and bait? Anything helps... Thanks. Also, I would like to get an update on when steelhead was caught and where. Thanks again!

F
fishsauce
Dodge Park, Garbage Hole, or Cedar Creek hatchery. No secret spots on the Sandy. Summers should be rampin' up and don't be surprised if you hook into a spring chinook.

V
VMAN-Fishing34
burlajohnny said:
OK so right now it is June 1st 2013. I have done some steelhead fishing on the sandy but with no luck. Can I get some advise on where I can catch some spring steelhead and with what rig and bait? Anything helps... Thanks. Also, I would like to get an update on when steelhead was caught and where. Thanks again!

oh man im right there with you! went out for winter steel head this winter and had no luck. but i did manage to catch a cold haha. so i here its supposed to be good fishing in the summer?

B
burlajohnny
thanks a lot! but with what rig set up? Bobber with salmon roe, cured salmon eggs, sand shrimp, blue fox, etc.?

M
mccarrel
I've been doing well with Maribou jigs, White and pink. purple and pink sometimes with a piece of shrimp on the hook.

B
burlajohnny
Ok. And do I fish it with a bobber, or how do I fish it? Thank you for your advise

M
mccarrel
burlajohnny said:
Ok. And do I fish it with a bobber, or how do I fish it? Thank you for your advise
I use a clear drift bobber in the half ounce range check out steelhead university, I think they have an article on steelhead bobber fishing.

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Welcome! You can learn nearly all you need by checking our archives. :D

Hooked Up
Hooked Up
mccarrel said:
I've been doing well with Maribou jigs, White and pink. purple and pink sometimes with a piece of shrimp on the hook.

What he said!

B
burlajohnny
Thanks!

B
burlajohnny
Thaanks a bunch! Stellhead University is a great help for me! Let me know if you catch! :D

B
burlajohnny
mccarrel said:
Going tomorrow or saturday....Got two marabou jigs....pink n white. Excited! Going down either to Oxbow park or Faraday lake area...