How's Detroit

C
Charlie_merrifi
Trying to decide where to take my daughter fishing Saturday. I do have a boat. Hows the water level and fishing at Detroit

H
HereFishy
I'm in the exact same boat.. I'm taking my daughter and her friend out for their first ride in my new boat on Saturday.. Her and her friend will do more swimming than fishing, I'm sure. But never the less, they're dead set on me taking them to my "secret spot", as they put it (Kinney Creek). I've been trying to talk them in to swimming somewhere local like the Willy or the Santiam.. They're not having it. If the water is too low, I'd prefer to not risk taking my new boat to, what I affectionately refer to as, "stump city"... Any information would be greatly appreciated.. Thanks all..

Kyle

C
Charlie_merrifi
fortunatley I just have a little 12 foot aluminum. Not too worried about that.

H
HereFishy
I'm in an aluminum boat as well... An 18' Skeeter bass boat.. I drive to Bend from Salem fairly frequently for work. The last time I drove past Detroit, I remember thinking "oh, [screw] that..".. But I've also heard, from a consistently unreliable source, that they're going to back up the lower Santiam to fill Detroit a little more for the summer. That information is most likely inaccurate.. Again, any info would be most helpful.. Anyone been there in the last couple weeks?

P
playhooky
As of a week ago it was still low when I drove back to the valley from fishing at Crane Prairie. I expect it will remain low, however; the Mongold area has two ramps open and there is no problem if you want to launch and fish....it's just a long walk from the parking area back down to your boat once you launch because you can no longer leave your rig on the ramp. It is heavily posted with NO PARKING signs from the water all the way up to the parking lot. Oh, there is one parking spot half way down the winter ramp for you but you should probably have a star on your door and a badge if you decide to use it. Cheers!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

H
HereFishy
Thanks playhooky.. That's exactly the information I was looking for..

Charlie... If you see a bass boat with one annoyed adult and 3 cackling teenage girls, please come save me with at least a few minutes of civilized conversation...

Kyle

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
HereFishy said:
Thanks playhooky.. That's exactly the information I was looking for..

Charlie... If you see a bass boat with one annoyed adult and 3 cackling teenage girls, please come save me with at least a few minutes of civilized conversation...

Kyle
Oh, dear....you do have my sympathy. :lol: Thanks for the morning chuckle! :D I hope you both come back with tales and pics of your adventure. :popcorn: