How to tie up double hook rig?

C_Run
C_Run
I was wondering how you guys who make your own kokanee rigs tie the double hook like for hootchies. Which knots and how? Last year was the first time I fished for kokanee and used Shasta peewees and P-line reaction squid. I'd like to make my own and also repair all the ones where I had to cut the trailing hook off the ones that got hopelessly tangled in my fish friendly net. Thanks.

C

C
capblack
i use egg loops to tie my 2 hook rigs. tie the first one on, then slide the second hook up the line, and i put the second hook even with the bottom of the first hook, but 180 degrees out so each hook is facing the opposite direction.

C_Run
C_Run
capblack said:
i use egg loops to tie my 2 hook rigs. tie the first one on, then slide the second hook up the line, and i put the second hook even with the bottom of the first hook, but 180 degrees out so each hook is facing the opposite direction.

I was afraid someone would say egg loop. I struggle with that knot but will sure get some practice now. What kind of hook? I think it was either you or Combat Chuck that preferred drop shot. Also, how early is too early to start fishing? I went in April and May last year. When I went in June, the fish were all pretty deep and I didn't have a downrigger. My wife said I should go and get some more of those kokanee so who am I to argue?

C
capblack
i use #4 gami octopus and they have been sticking pretty good. some guys are still catching fish at g.p as of late december, so as far as how early is too early? with this weather we have been having, i have been thinking about checking it out myself.

C
Combat Chuck
Yep, i was the one that liked the drop shot hooks. I also have had good experience with side drifting hooks. Anything that is a very thin wire hook should do well. I troll very slow with electrics so i think thats why i had to switch to a slimer hook that can grab without much pressure behind it.

C
Combat Chuck
and the doubles are tied with egg loops...

B
bbonco
check on u tube there are many guys on there that will show you how, some better than others but I am sure you will find one you like

C_Run
C_Run
Thanks guys. I am going to try to make some impact on those kokes this year.