How do you pack your net?

S
spmpdr
I just throw the loop over my neck but it can be uncomfortable at times and the net hangs low to the ground often catching brush and going downstream on me and messing with my slack line.... Please share how the pros do it?

brandon4455
brandon4455
i would buy a net release, i usually use a clip that attaches to the loop and keeps it hooked to my waders or backpack cause i wont even bother spending 20-30 bucks on a net release

F
FlyBum
Net? What do you use those for?

Reactions: RunWithSasquatch
G
GDBrown
I clip mine to the D ring on the back of my vest with a short spring cord.

M
mrlindeman
Man its tough

Man its tough

I have tried the magnetic holders and they have not worked. I have tried a lot and am in the same situation. Yhis post could help a lot of us indeed. Good Question!

S
spmpdr
FlyBum said:
Net? What do you use those for?

LOL... Just in case i get lucky!!!!

S
spmpdr
mrlindeman said:
I have tried the magnetic holders and they have not worked. I have tried a lot and am in the same situation. Yhis post could help a lot of us indeed. Good Question!

I tried those magnettic holders as well and they sucked , i was thinking about trying a pin on zinger line like this:http://www.orvis.com/store/product....8&group_id=17492&cat_id=15831&subcat_id=15817 but i dont think the line would last long ... they do sell a zinger similar to this for 24.99 but im looking for a cheaper solution.

M
mrlindeman
spmpdr said:
I tried those magnettic holders as well and they sucked , i was thinking about trying a pin on zinger line like this:http://www.orvis.com/store/product....8&group_id=17492&cat_id=15831&subcat_id=15817 but i dont think the line would last long ... they do sell a zinger similar to this for 24.99 but im looking for a cheaper solution.

Temp Hijack....
I biffed it hiking back up hill at Minto on the North S because of my magnetic release. My ankle is still tweaked lol. That hill is steep and there are a lot of trees to fall into lol.

Ok back on track. Im thinkin Maybe a stiff rubber rock climbing clip of some kind to pull the net out.

GungasUncle
GungasUncle
I've got a pair of nets - a small wooden one that I use a quick release clip on, clipped to the front of my vest. It's fine for fish upto about 15 inches. I've got a larger, better Frabil net that folds and has an extendable handle. When I'm not using it, I keep it folded and retraced, and stuffed between my wading belt and my back. I can deploy the net one handed, though it takes a few seconds to do.

My biggest problem - if I take a net fishing with me, I rarely catch anything big enough to require it.

S
steelhead1
The only time we ever bring a net is in the driftboat.Otherwise,a bandana, hung off the belt, works wonders in a pinch:D

Reactions: RunWithSasquatch
B
bigthackara
GungasUncle said:
I've got a pair of nets - a small wooden one that I use a quick release clip on, clipped to the front of my vest. It's fine for fish upto about 15 inches. I've got a larger, better Frabil net that folds and has an extendable handle. When I'm not using it, I keep it folded and retraced, and stuffed between my wading belt and my back. I can deploy the net one handed, though it takes a few seconds to do.

My biggest problem - if I take a net fishing with me, I rarely catch anything big enough to require it.

I use to have that same net, but I left it on the river one day. Good net for large fish!

Now I just use a medium size frabil that I can keep the fish in the water while I fiddle with my camera. I just d ring it or use a quick release attached to my wading jacket or vest. It used to have a long enough cord to leave attacthed to me while I netted but now I just unhook it. Works great!

T
Tribal16
GDBrown said:
I clip mine to the D ring on the back of my vest with a short spring cord.

+1