Hooking on a lunker before season is over!

B
Bassstalker
So weather is starting to get crappy and season for bass is near over. Wanting to take trip out some plces that I have not gone. Anyone who would want a partner in fishin adventure?

T
TTFishon
Bassstalker said:
So weather is starting to get crappy and season for bass is near over. Wanting to take trip out some plces that I have not gone. Anyone who would want a partner in fishin adventure?

What do you mean almost over. We have at least to the end of October.

B
Bassdad54
Catch bass into mid November

Catch bass into mid November

Oct and Nov are usally good up at Green Peter.I havent got a Dec or Jan bass yet up there

1bigfish
I took two trips out on the Willy last December. One on the 6th and I managed a few on that trip. The other trip way on the 30th and I got skunked on that one.

Over the last 4 years my best moth of smallie fishing has always been October. It ain't over yet. In fact it's is just starting.:dance:

F
flippinbaits
if ur bassin season leaves out the FALL FEED, then im sorry :rolleyes:

lol..next to the spawn, i would say the fall is the best!!!! :D

B
Bassstalker
fish are starting to go deeper water an it's harder to have more access unless you gotta boat.
TTFishon said:
What do you mean almost over. We have at least to the end of October.

T
TTFishon
Bassstalker said:
fish are starting to go deeper water an it's harder to have more access unless you gotta boat.

I don't know about that. I caught the fish in my avatar in September fishing from the bank at 4:30 in the morning.

1bigfish
You would have to ask someone else about the local largemouth but I can say 100% for sure what the smallies are going to do. As the water levels starts to rise and the temp start to fall the smallies will actually move more shallow then they are now. That will provide you with even more bank access.

There is a reason I have only fished the Willy is Salem once since July 25th. The Willy in Salem is very shallow is most places and the smallies are sitting in the few deep faster moving water holes during the late summer. I have been doing my fishing in Newberg because the water is deeper and the smallies are easier to find. Once the water temps start to cool and the water starts to rise the smallies will move back up on the shallow flats and I will start fishing Salem again.

The smallies in the Willy will eventually move back to deeper water during the winter but I will start fishing shallow water soon and stay shallow till the first major flood.(usually late Nov. or Dec.)

F
flippinbaits
Bassstalker said:

to the contrary....LM will move up into creek arms and feed on shad...so it should actually make it easier for u bassstalker :clap:

X
X24
I have been killing them over here on the coastal lakes. In fact today I just found a new kinda secret spot to fish and was nailing them all day. It was awesome to watch them follow your bait/lure.

Last edited:
X
X24
Just got back from fishing that spot again today. It was a good trip, I caught a few perch and seven bass. Four of the Bass were in the 3 1/2 pound range. Who knows I just may end up there again this eve.

T
TTFishon
X24 said:
Just got back from fishing that spot again today. It was a good trip, I caught a few perch and seven bass. Four of the Bass were in the 3 1/2 pound range. Who knows I just may end up there again this eve.

Good job. What'd you catch them on? Got any pics?

X
X24
No pics. I should take the camera though....
The perch were caught on worms. The bass were all caught with a white buzz bait.

X
X24
I did in fact go back out to my new spot......
It was kind of slow this eve. No bass however I did catch two nice 10 inch perch and my first Oregon catfish.:D
This has been my first summer fishing Oregon and it has been great! It was especially awesome catching the 7lb Bass outta Lake Cullaby!

The camera battery is charged so I will take it with me tomorrow.

X
X24
The fishing was a little slow today.....
except for this nice Bass.:D
Caught this one with a jitter bug.

Last edited:
B
Bassstalker
Nice! your probly the first person in west side that uses jitterbug oldschool but still hot! Is your dark green with yellowspots?

X24 said:
The fishing was a little slow today.....
except for this nice Bass.:D
Caught this one with a jitter bug.

B
Bassstalker
caught on Junebug chubby 5 lbs 4 ounces
< 6be7cddf.jpg

F
Fishtopher
Got some pigs guys! Nice fish.:clap:

X
X24
That's a nice bass!
The jitter bug is green with Black stripes.

J
JAYDEE
Nice fish guys! Well done:clap: