Hatchery hen on home made jig

F
FG_Fishing8
Went out on a drift boat for the first time in the rain yesterday. I like it a lot more the bank fishing! After about an hour, bobber down. Hooked into this hatchery hen on one of my home made jigs and after about a minute or two, we had her netted. IMG_9681 (1).jpg She weighed in at 7 pounds and had some smaller eggs in her. IMG_6276.jpg the jig I tied. She bent the small size 1 hook.
Hook into another fish that day on a store bought jig. Much bigger and harder fighting fish. A colored up native buck that would have broke ten, but made for an easy release as the jig popped out at the side of the boat. Overall, great day. Landing my second steelhead ever!

Reactions: ChezJfrey
H
hookbait
Congratz on landing a fish on your own gear. Nothing better.

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
sweet, nice fish.

T
troutmasta
THats a good looking fish. Congrats.

I
idaho_steel
Nice fish!

C
ChezJfrey
That is a beauty!

E
eugene1
Congrats on the hatchery hen and native buck! Especially since you got the keeper on your own jig.

First time in a drifter and 2nd steel landed, lost another? I think you are ruined, just start looking on CL for a used db!

Best to you, what a great post!

F
FG_Fishing8
I hear ya, something forced me to go out and buy a lot more jig tying stuff. Must have been the fish...

J
JustMe
Cool! Nice fish and nice looking jig in her mouth.

F
FG_Fishing8
Thanks everybody! If anyone wants to try out out one of my jigs, just let me know. I have about 15 tied up right now. All nightmare. 1/8th oz head, 1/0 owner hook, with some red dubbing for flash.