Gorilla steelhead

A
alm21
Took my brother out with guide Ed Fast for his birthday present. I went 1-2 and my brother 1-1. I ended up with a personal best catching a winter chinook... excuse me, I mean steelhead. It was my biggest steel ever easily hitting ~15lbs (35") with a lot of girth with this girl. There's some big hatchery fish cruising around this year! I couldn't believe how this steelhead filled my 36" cooler! The tail was massive. And to think, I almost took my small cooler that day. :cool:

IMG_0711_zps7b3e65a1.jpg

My brother with his first-ever winter steelhead on a WFO worm under a float.

IMG_0710_zps37e6acb0.jpg

Reactions: Admin
O
OnTheFly
Hey man, can't you warn people to wear dark glasses before posting up something so bright? lol. Nice fish guys!

T
TimberTodd
Nice fish!!!

T
Trout-tacular!
Noice!

B
bran_man
nice piggies! saw them on his Facebook already. I need to head up north someday soon and book a trip with him!

S
steelhead_stalkers
Ed is the man and knows how you to put you on the fish! Looks like a blast.

S
Santiam338
Awesome!!

S
steelhead_slayer
I bet she had some nice eggs

S
steelhead1
Fattie!

W
waco
Nice one Alex, going with Ed is almost guaranty you'll catch fish!

A
alm21
Thanks guys. Ed is definitely one of the hardest working guides out there and his upper Sandy floats are always a good time. I have some footage from my new xmas gift, GoPro, but I'm still messing around with it. No shots of my fish but some footage of the float and my bro's fish.

She had some very nice skeins. Gave one to Ed and cured the other to split with my brother so I got a small batch out of her.

F
Fish-N-Chips
Bro!!!! that is a beast(= Nice going. Looks like you finished OFF the year with a variety of chrome monsters.

A
alm21
I got a GoPro for xmas so I used it for the first time on this trip. Being used to my Flip recorder, I didn't get the footage I'd prefer but it's a first run at getting familiar with it. Here's what I put together....

Last edited:
C
ChezJfrey
Nice fish guys.

But that video...you remove it? That's the message I'm getting.

M
Modest_Man
Just figured I'd pop on this thread and say I'm going out with Ed on Friday and there is still one seat available...

A
alm21
I took it down to correct something. This should work...

R
rob rockcrawler
Awesome video, looks like a great time.