Glow in the dark vs. UV

F
fish face
Since this not the most ideal fish weather, how about sharing your opinion? Some people live and die by UV lures some say Glow in the Dark only. What does the forum say.

Last edited by a moderator:
C
capblack
i think uv and glow in the dark both have their places at different depths in different colors on different days. nothing works the same from day to day when your fishing for kokanee. i use both and have caught plenty of fish on both

K
Kevinb5688
Its probably just all in our heads, a lot of studies say uv dosent work. On the other had i seem to catch more fish using uv products so who knows.
I have never messed with anything glow in the dark other than glow kwik fish for salmon and they catch fish as well.
Good post, im intrested to see what others say.

S
salmon_slayer87
fish face said:
Since this not the most ideal fish weather, how about sharing your opinion? Some people live and die by UV lures some say Glow in the Dark only. What does the forum say.

capblack hit the nail on the head. I use to fish Odell lake quite a bit. I noticed that if i fished down in deeper water I caught more fish on "glow in the dark" tackle. When i fished top water, it seemed like i caught more fish on UV tackle.
It just depends on the weather. On sunny days...use UV. Cloudy or rainy days give glow in the dark a try.
Just my two pennies.
but the biggest factor is always presentation.
Good luck to ya.

T
the_intimidator03
I would think that any "benefit" of UV depends on light penetration into the water or more technically UV rays. Glow in the dark produces its own light so at a deeper depth it can have its benefits

Last edited:
troutdude
troutdude
the_intimidator03 said:
I would think that any "benefit" of UV depends on light penetration into the water or more technically UV rays. Glow in the dark produces its own light so at a deeper depth it can have its benefits

DING DING! Took the words right out of my mouth. There is little, or no, UV light down deep. So, that's why glow stuff is made.