Garbage hole Sandy River

Y
youngbuck307
hey you got to start somewere right, crap my dad started with a fly rood he put a spinning reel on and caught a 24lb fish cleaned and out of the water all day... just goes to show dont always need the best... befor i got my set up i was using a rod that was for like jetty fishing:lol::D but didn't matter to me i was fishing..

Y
youngbuck307
hey you got to start somewere right, crap my dad started with a fly rood he put a spinning reel on and caught a 24lb fish cleaned and out of the water all day... just goes to show dont always need the best... befor i got my set up i was using a rod that was for like jetty fishing:lol::D but didn't matter to me i was fishing..

P.S you are so lucky to have a boat i wish we had a idea what was wrong with my dads.... there is a lot you can do with a boat....

F
FishKiller23
youngbuck307 said:

For sure,

I got a few rods. Mostly ugly sticks but i have one that I used yesterday I think its about 9FT and its fiberglass my dad built it. I got some corkie/yarn and some other things i'll bring tomorrow as well. Like I said it will be a red honda dont be shy man its all about havin a good time and havin fun.

F
FishKiller23
Well,

So much for a good start to the day. I go out to my truck to start getting things ready and notice the tackle box I put under the seat is missing. :mad::mad: Parked right in my drive way. Most of gear was in that box. The box and other MISC things are gone yet I have a CD Player and a sub in the truck as well. My guess is the person was scared and just grabed and ran. Sad thing is I rather have my cd player taken then my tackle box. I am a pretty chill guy but damn that makes me mad. But i am still going to the river with what I got!!!!!

L
luv2fish
keep an eye on fishing forums and craigslist.....i see salmon or steelhead tackle boxes on sale there every now and then...and just for $ 10 or 20...and trust me the stuff i see in them its worth way more than that.....i believe those are "grab and dash" kind things ....like what happened with you...sorry to hear that...

C
chrishophoto
Tomorrow?

Tomorrow?

Is anyone besides me planning to go out to the Garbage Hole tomorrow?

I'll be the one wearing the blue hazmat suit!

-C

Irishrover
Irishrover
chrishophoto said:
Is anyone besides me planning to go out to the Garbage Hole tomorrow?

I'll be the one wearing the blue hazmat suit!

-C

What time are you going to be there? I haven't been fishing for three day time for me to hit the water again.

C
chrishophoto
Irishrover said:
What time are you going to be there? I haven't been fishing for three day time for me to hit the water again.

I'll probably get there sometime around ten, and plan to spend four or more hours there, unless I actually catch something I can keep.:pray:

I'll be the guy with the long hair, that doesn't know what he's doing.

-C

Irishrover
Irishrover
C U there I'll be the guy in brown wadders and tan coat with spey rod. I'll be there after ten.......F350 blue and white crew cab.

V
VagrantAngler
I'm headin that way tomorrow as well. Black Hyundai. Fat guy in a little coat:D

Stoppin by Jacks first to grab a few new spoons and some shrimp.

Irishrover
Irishrover
VagrentAngler sorry we missed you. I fished the Island at the begining of the hole. Met up with ChrishoPhoto and had a good day. No fish but still a good day. Hope to see you up there some time.

V
VagrantAngler
I started out at Dodge and worked my way up. No runs hits or errors. Figure I'll hit the Clack tomorrow. Barton area then maybe the minefield bellow dog creek.

Y
youngbuck307
i was there on sat but didn't have really to much time to fish but i seen a few roll but i had to go pick up my daughter from her moms for the night so i couldnt get out really this weekend....damb kids, if she was only a lil older she would just be tagging along 3 is a lil young for winters maybe not for summers though scent the weather will be better. but anyway going out monday and was wondering if anyone els would be out there

T
The Nothing
I have no idea where Garbage Hole is, but I'll likely be found down in the Oxbow area learning how to fish...

Y
youngbuck307
do you know were dodge park is if so just go down the dead end road to the right after the park you will see the lil turn off on your right its like not evan a mile down that road

T
The Nothing
hehe, nope! saw that earlier. haven't looked it up yet.

ah... lil far for me when i dunno what i'm doing. i'll actually be below Oxbow

Last edited:
Y
youngbuck307
just look up dodge park and it is way easy form there i like to fish oxbow too though its closer to me evan though they both are only 15 min or less from me. so pissed i have to move and it will probabley end up in the city

T
The Nothing
being in the city ain't so bad. its not 15 minutes from the Sandy, but its not bad

Y
youngbuck307
lol i know i lived there my whole life until like 9 months ago and now im so spoiled its not funny wish i could get a loan and just buy a house out here. the only thing is that i have a 45 min drive to work right now