Garbage hole Sandy River

F
FishKiller23
How old are u? lol just curious anyway if I do make it out i'll either be in my red civic with my girlfriend or in my dodge 4x4 tan color. If u see me there dont be shy say hello and we can figure out how to do this together haha.

Alex

Y
youngbuck307
only 20 but seems like people my age arnt into fishing or outdoors well dont get me wrong they are out there but seems like some of them are to busy with other stuff i fish because its something i love and get me in the house early at night to be up early. does your girl fish because mine trys to tag along but dont fish kinda just slows me down.... love her to death though shes out there in the worse of it with me some times :D

F
FishKiller23
Pm sent by the way. yeah she fishes. last year she caught 2 chinook and I caught nothing :(.

A
ArcticAmoeba
Haha, I''m one of the younger, uglier ones too. I'm 23, and my better fishin bud is a year younger than me, and his girlfriend, your age, kills more fish than most people on the river, and she is a full time art student!:shock: She'd shut me down almost any day when it isn't Steelheadin. Funny, there are more than a few of us, in the 18 - 25 catergory on this forum. More than you might think. I can think of 6 right off the bat.

Y
youngbuck307
its snowing like crazy out in boring does anyone know if they do anything to the roads on the way down there

B
BobberDown
not that i know of be care full it can be nasty down in that area when i snows that is one of the last area they will get to but this snow will be go by 12 i was told good luck

Y
youngbuck307
dang that kinda sucks my car sucks in the snow and thinking about waiting till tomorrow maybe just ill have to work way late so dont know if ill be able to get up

F
FishKiller23
youngbuck307 said:
dang that kinda sucks my car sucks in the snow and thinking about waiting till tomorrow maybe just ill have to work way late so dont know if ill be able to get up

I am going tomorrow should be a nicer day. Not that rain would bug me. Anyway I gotta get some more gear today.

Y
youngbuck307
what time you think your going to go down there early morning??? thats when ill be there i hope a lil befor or right after sunrise... and be there till noon or so

F
FishKiller23
I just got back from dodge I tried it out just to see no one there 1 guy but he left after like 5 minutes. On the way back I stoped at the garbage hole and saw 2 cars. Looked over the edge saw no one. I saw a trail to the right of the parking lot and I wonder were that goes?

Anyway if I go i'll be there early morning. Probably in my civic.

C
chrishophoto
Garbage Hole on Wedseday...

Garbage Hole on Wedseday...

Now that I know where this is, I think I'm going to try to kill a fish there this Wednesday. I drive a Silver Honda with a bumper sticker that says "CARBOMB." If you see me on the bank, come over and say hello. I will be the guy that doesn't have any idea what he's doing!

-C

PS. Why do they call it the "Garbage Hole?":think:

Last edited:
F
FishKiller23
alright I have a small request. For those that dont mind to share there secret could you show some pics of the setups you guys use at dodge park/garbage hole.

A
ArcticAmoeba
Last week I fished Dodge, and hooked, and whacked two on simple drift gear. 10# mainline, nail knotted to a leader of no more than 18 inches, and one #7, and a #5 split shot. On #2 Owner Super Needle Points, with a simple piece of Peachy King, and a chunk of white yarn in the loop. I only had one hit eggs all morning, so I decided to miniturize the presentation, and in an hour I was gone. No pics, but deadly simple to rig.

F
FishKiller23
Nice,

I just went to try it out I had to shorten my leader because my jig was getting all banged up and I assumed it was scraping the ground.

P.S all of us new guys to steelie fishing should get together HA HA

J
just1nook
AA, What is Peachy King?

A
ArcticAmoeba
Glo Bugs makes it. It is simply a light orange yarn. Looks very, very good in the water color I like to fish it. Just another color to add to the arsenal.

J
just1nook
THought it was peach flavored gum....:lol:

Y
youngbuck307
FishKiller23 said:
Nice,

I just went to try it out I had to shorten my leader because my jig was getting all banged up and I assumed it was scraping the ground.

P.S all of us new guys to steelie fishing should get together HA HA

yea we could all get together, For sure when some summer fishing gets going and the weather get nice maybe go camp somewere we can fish

Y
youngbuck307
and AA well know i know were to find all the younger groupe i was starting to feel alone out there lol

F
FishKiller23
It looks like I'll be there tomorrow for a few hours. Not sure how it will work out I dont have a very good Rod/reel set up for this type of fishing but i'll try to make do with what I have. Just trying to get out on the water.

Yea summer will be fun i'll mostly be fishing for sturgeon on my boat though :p