Free Fishing Event Report

troutdude
troutdude
This was linked to my Facebook page today; by my buddy Todd. I just had to share it here.

"My son, who is an avid and very skilled fisherman, went to a local free fishing event yesterday to help one of his friends teach his kids how to fish. I asked him how it went, his answer was, "eventful". Following is an account of his day fishing I was rolling on the floor by the time he was done telling me about it. I hope you enjoy as much as I did.
1. He and another friend got to the fishing place early to secure a fishing dock for the family he was going to help. The two of them proceeded to be amazed at the "inexperienced" fisher people there. Two adults fell into the water, one adult casted over a tree and decided to let the bait stay in the water. He ended up hooking a fish and then got it caught in the tree. One little girl got her hook stuck in her brother's clothing and the boy took off running and used all of her fishing line.
2. The family Chad was helping finally showed up and by this time Chad and his friend had pretty much caught their limit so they could help the family. One of the little boys went to cast and hooked his dad's sunglasses ($300 prescription) and tossed them into the pond. The dad dropped the f-bomb loud enough for anyone within a mile to hear it...oops. The boy reeled in and the glasses were still attached. Nice save.
3. They all continued to fish on the same dock when suddenly they heard a big pop and crack. The next thing they know the fishing dock had broke and they all ended up in he pond, gear and all. They were all safe and they retrieved all of their gear.
4. They decided to call it a day and went to the research center where other activities were happening. They saw a mom hook her child. The child was screaming and the mother just kept saying, "That wasn't my hook, that wasn't my hook." The boy was okay and the mom finally settled down.
When all was said and done it was a great day of fishing and the family Chad helped went home with a full limit for each of them and ... five salamanders :)"

T
TimberTodd
Definitly an "eventful" day. I remember when I was a kid, hooking my brothers ear with a bass plug.:shock: He screamed but thankfully didn't try to run.

W
wozniasm
Why didn't I go, Why didn't I go, Why didn't I go, Why didn't I go, Why didn't I go, Why didn't I go, Why didn't I go, Why didn't I go, Why didn't I go! That would have been worth the gas money without a doubt - all the additional activities!
Stuck at home this weekend for honey-do's and so I can go camping next weekend!

L
LuckyToBeFishing
Eventful to say the least. Hilarious. Thanks for sharing the smiles and laughs. I am going to share this with a few of my other friends.

A
AnitaBite
Hilarious!

C
cowboysfan
sounds like an unforgettable time, thanks for sharing!

J
jabs67
Awesome. Thanks for sharing.

C
colt
Gotta love those free fish weekends. I have seen some funny events occur more during these times over any other time.

Glad to hear it was a good time! Thanks for sharing the funny stories.