Foster Res?

ooth23
ooth23
heading out for Foster Res to hit some bass and crappie for memorial day anyone been out and have a report? Went twice last year and came back with about 50 fish between 3 people both times. Crappie mostly and got into some bass.

C
Combat Chuck
I was up there Saturday and the fishing was good... even in rain showers (59°). Landed a dozen smallies and some perch in a few hours targeting stumps. Stockers jumping everywhere. Could you fill me in on the crappie? Structure? jigs? Ive spent a good amount of time up there and only accidentally caught one.

troutdude
troutdude
If you can't get any crappie, and want to chase the trout...trolling with a flasher set and a Green & Black bodied Wedding Ring w/ worm is KILLER!

But, I'm also curious about how/where to catch crappie in there. IDK that it held any, until now. Crappie fishing is FUN!

H
HRxPaperStacks
There's BASS in FOSTER??? Where???? What do you catch them with???

SiletzTroutKiller
SiletzTroutKiller
When I was younger my family and I would camp at Sunny Side park and fish Foster off the boats ramps there for trout, bass, and blue gill. I believe they were smallmouth and we caught them off worms

H
HRxPaperStacks
SiletzTroutKiller said:
When I was younger my family and I would camp at Sunny Side park and fish Foster off the boats ramps there for trout, bass, and blue gill. I believe they were smallmouth and we caught them off worms
hmmmm... I've caught really small smallies by accident before.... I wonder if there are any worth targeting.

T
TTFishon
troutdude said:
If you can't get any crappie, and want to chase the trout...trolling with a flasher set and a Green & Black bodied Wedding Ring w/ worm is KILLER!

But, I'm also curious about how/where to catch crappie in there. IDK that it held any, until now. Crappie fishing is FUN!

I find it interesting that you say green and black combo. That was the money bait on Saturday but without a flasher or a worm. lol

C
Combat Chuck
Why yes, just look at this beautiful Foster smallie...
2140372728_n.jpg
HRxPaperStacks said:
There's BASS in FOSTER??? Where???? What do you catch them with???

C
Combat Chuck
Ok, the real details. Target stumps with your choice of plastic and jig head. The harder to see the stump, (deeper) the better.

H
HRxPaperStacks
Are there certain spots on the lake to target? i.e. around the sunnyside arm mouth, the point, the weigh station?

ooth23
ooth23
Combat Chuck said:
I was up there Saturday and the fishing was good... even in rain showers (59°). Landed a dozen smallies and some perch in a few hours targeting stumps. Stockers jumping everywhere. Could you fill me in on the crappie? Structure? jigs? Ive spent a good amount of time up there and only accidentally caught one.

Crappie and other sun fish are why I drive 2 hrs to go fishing at Foster. Anchor down in 10-12 feet of water take some worms and hang a piece of let on the end of your line (the very end) attach 2 hooks above the lead 1 foot up from lead and another foot above that. use minimal wormage about half a worm on each hook. Done cast out just kinda flip it out 5 feet or so or drop is straight down. If its a clear day you can see the Crappie swarm. On a good day you can't keep them off your line its almost boring after awhile. Once i get borred of this i move to Bass fising I have a few honey holes that are hard to explain where they are but find where the depth chages from 10-15 and dropps off to 15-25 feet and use the same tactic as Crappie.

ooth23
ooth23
So we lost half our crew heading to Foster on Memorial day so with only 2 of us heading out we are gonna stay near home and hit the Yamhill/Willy not worth the drive I guess. So I will not have a report for Foster Crappie/Bass fishing come Tuesday. Sorry, but I have another thread for the Yamhill I will be posting our success or lack there off if your interested.