Fly tying and patterns sharing thread

Chromatose
Chromatose
meko-special.jpg

Reactions: Admin
Echskech
Echskech
After beating up on some Metollius. R rainbows last weekend (which on the Met never happens for me), I had to come home and tie up a few more of the MVP fly.
20220421_092932.jpg
20220421_093009.jpg
Size-14 black Hare's ear with a peacock collar. Don't ask me why as there was no stonefly in the drift, just BWO.. Hopefully the fish on the lower D will be eating the same way this weekend (though word on the street is that it's all March Brown over there).

Reactions: Admin
B
brokencoastal
Just ordered a fly-tying set up. Stoked to spend some winter evenings in front of a vise instead of the tv!

Reactions: Chromatose
brandon4455
brandon4455
Not necessarily a fly. But been working on some pin & bead steelhead jigs. I prefer this over a nightmare

Reactions: Chromatose and TheKnigit
M
mattsavage
brokencoastal said:
Just ordered a fly-tying set up. Stoked to spend some winter evenings in front of a vise instead of the tv!
As a noob, its made fishing all that more rewarding when I catch fish on flies I tie myself. I just started tying this winter as well, with a loaner vise from the father in law. Its a good time, definitely beats vegging out in front of the tv in the evenings...

IMG_8117.jpg

IMG_8042.jpg

Reactions: DOKF, Vintageflyguy and TheKnigit
B
brokencoastal
I've been learning to tie, and it's been fun hitting the river with my flies. Yesterday in Maupin, the trout were keying into a mini pats rubber legs I've been doing.

Vintageflyguy
Vintageflyguy
This is a really long running thread - but I enjoy seeing other tyers work - this is this winters streamer experiments (plus about 3 boxes more) getting ready for spring fishing

John3
John3
. . . anyone know of the specific name of pattern . . .

I bought it dozen years ago from Port Townsend Angler.

I know it’s a variation of the Sand Lance . . .

Reactions: Vintageflyguy
TheKnigit
TheKnigit
John3 said:
. . . anyone know of the specific name of pattern . . .

I bought it dozen years ago from Port Townsend Angler.

I know it’s a variation of the Sand Lance . . .

Orvis has a similar pattern on their website, under salt water flies and streamers, that is named "Surf Candy". It is a little different, but the same basic concept.

Reactions: John3
John3
John3
. . . the Green Meanie reverse spider . . .

John3
John3
. . . the Borden’s Super . . .

A variation of the Borden’s Special.

It’s tied on #5 Spey hook.

John3
John3
. . . the Borden’s Super . . .

A variation of the Borden’s Special.

It’s tied on #5 Spey hook.