Fly patterns for Steelies in the creek

S
Salmon Whammy
Thanks ! I am sorry for the hassle. I did not mean to break the rules. I am still learning about this forum. I talk to people all over about fishing and how and were to go. We are very proud to be an American Manufacture that makes its products here.
Salmon Whammy (Dean Hendricks)

S
Salmon Whammy
H! Sorry for the hassle on the forum. I hope the information about the rods to use was helpful. I have caught a lot of Steelhead on 6 through 10 weight rods. The size of the river and stream can also determine the lenght that you might use.
Good luck fishing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Salmon Whammy

S
Salmon Whammy
HI ! Thank you for the support. I did not intend to cause a hassle. I am still learning about the procedures. Sorry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! In my 62 years of life ! have been fortunate to have fished all over and caught a lot of fish. I have been fishing and hunting since I was a small boy. I love the great outdoors and love to share technics on how and where to fish. I should not have to justify how many fish I have caught. Again thank you for your support.

S
Salmon Whammy
HI ! Writing to people is only one way of converstaion. Meeting people and sharing ideas and their company is another way. Sorry for the hassle!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I get to meet a lot of people in our line of business. At the sportshows we get to talk to thousands about fishing. It is always interesting to talk to people and make new friends.

S
steelhead_stalkers
Boy, you are up late Dean!! :D

M
metalfisher76
Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Apology accepted

Apology accepted

Salmon Whammy said:
Hi Barb! I am sorry for the hassle. I am still learning how to use it. I guess I did'nt understand the rules or the procedures .Please accept my appology. I have never miss represented what we make. Some of the members have asked about what to use and I have given suggestions. I have only been trying to help on questions about were to fish or what to use. Again please accept my appology.
Salmon Whammy ( Dean Hendricks) NCLAF

Good morning,Dean. Okay,okay already. Enough with all the apologies! We forgive you! We are all allowed to make mistakes,that's mainly how we learn. No hard feelings at all. Sheesh! I don't believe you misrepresented your products at all. You were just a little ahead of schedule trying to sell them. I trust JeannaJigs opinion enough that if she says they are good,they're damn good.
Now, can we all go fishing?

F
FishFiddle
Those of you asking about rods....I have a Lamiglas #7 that I really like and fyi I got a bimart flyer yesterday and they are discounted 20% right now. I think it makes a nice entry level to med price rod. Fish On!!

G
Growbug
Thanks for the apologies Dean... Lets reset our views. click.. done.

That 7wt Lami is the one that i bought.. I love it!!! and at $55 i didn't think i could go much wrong (well its a Lamiglas and i alwasys wanted one for... erm.. the 8 months i have been on the water up here)
Now i have discovered WWGrigg and realise that i could pop into the 'office/store' and get a rod of each from 4 through 9 for about $100.... hmm

M
Mherriford
Growbug said:
Thanks for the apologies Dean... Lets reset our views. click.. done.

That 7wt Lami is the one that i bought.. I love it!!! and at $55 i didn't think i could go much wrong (well its a Lamiglas and i alwasys wanted one for... erm.. the 8 months i have been on the water up here)
Now i have discovered WWGrigg and realise that i could pop into the 'office/store' and get a rod of each from 4 through 9 for about $100.... hmm

I have to say, I just used my new griggs rod this morning, and I freaking love it I cannot say enough good things about them, Nice folks too.

G
Growbug
Methinks that WWGrigg is going to be doing those deals for a while. I NEED to find an excuse to get myself to Canby. Problem is that the excuse will have to be made when i have money in my pocket. For some reason the people around this house can smell or sense when Dad has (extra) money in his pocket.

M
Mherriford
I know the feeling, they can be down right uncanny can't they :lol:

S
Salmon Whammy
Thanks Barb! The fish are in the Siulsaw River. Our Florence STEP group today processed 102 fish in our Whittker Creek Trap. They said the water was 46 degrees. The water should be lowering by the weekend. They had some 3 salt fish in the trap. Good luck to all that can go fishing on the river.
Salmon Whammy (Dean)

B
beaverfan
What's a salt fish?

S
Salmon Whammy
I am up late sometimes. We put in a lot of hours to make the lures and flies. I usually don't get to the computer to late evening. The fish are in the Siuslaw River and Lake Creek. Our STEP group processed 102 fish in the Whittker Creek Trap today. It looks like we are going to have a great year. Our Lake Creek Trap is also getting fish. God Luck on your fishing!!!!!!!!!!
Salmon Whammy (Dean)

S
Salmon Whammy
What is a salt fish? We classify them as 1,2,3 or 4 salt . A 2 salt means that it has come back twice to the river for sponning. A 3 or 4 Salt are big fish. It is a lot of fun processing the fish. All of the fish hitting your legs is something else to experience in a trap. It is cold and hard work but a lot of fun. If you get a chance join a STEP group. We have a lot of fun as a group.
Salmon Whammy (Dean

B
beaverfan
Interesting, good to know. I have actually been planning on looking into joining one of those programs.

S
Salmon Whammy
The Florence group has about 100 members. We meet the first Wenesday of the month at the Elks Club. time is 7:00 P.M. If you get a chance check us out.
Salmon Whammy (Dean)