Fly fishing or not???

S
Sinkline

Last edited:
brandon4455
brandon4455
i tell you what fishing for stockers with powerbait was fun when i was younger,and i still fish for stockers but i do not miss messy powerbait!!! especially the smell :lol:

C
cowboysfan
it is nice to be able to set your rod down and enjoy other things while waiting on that tap tap at the end of the rod!

T
Throbbit _Shane
cowboysfan said:
it is nice to be able to set your rod down and enjoy other things while waiting on that tap tap at the end of the rod!

other things. you mean BEER!!! :D

O
OnTheFly
cowboysfan said:

Throbbit _Shane said:
other things. you mean BEER!!! :D
Exactly my thought too Shane but the difference is, that with fly fishing, not only do you set your rod down to take a break, but you need to make sure the fly is out of the water as well. Otherwise you won't get a chance to drink that beer.:D;)

C
ColoradoTroutMan
brandon4455 said:
i tell you what fishing for stockers with powerbait was fun when i was younger,and i still fish for stockers but i do not miss messy powerbait!!! especially the smell :lol:

That's why i switched to Power Eggs. :D

C
ColoradoTroutMan
Here is the way I see fly fishing.

Fly Rod, Reel, Line, and Artificial fly.

It's the harmonious balance of those elements coupled with the anglers knowledge to match the natural food the fish are feeding on in order to entice them to take your offering.

Fly fishing is a visceral experience that brings you closer to nature and the quarry you pursue.

At least that's how I see it.

Now, given all that I am NOT a fly fisherman currently. I have dabbled but I have not committed to this type of fishing. I do intend to do so as I truly believe the words I wrote. To me fly fishing has a romantic and spiritual allure to it.

I enjoy bait and spinner fishing but for me that requires little thought, planning or technique, (I realize others will disagree with that).

Anyway, I do so hope to join the ranks of fly fisherman world wide and experience what I believe is a pure and beautiful method of fishing.

One final note, to me fly fishing also represents a sizable investment, (again others will likely disagree).

V
Van
ColoradoTroutMan said:
Here is the way I see fly fishing.

Fly Rod, Reel, Line, and Artificial fly.

It's the harmonious balance of those elements coupled with the anglers knowledge to match the natural food the fish are feeding on in order to entice them to take your offering.

Fly fishing is a visceral experience that brings you closer to nature and the quarry you pursue.

At least that's how I see it.

Nicely put CO Troutman. That is exactly how i feel about it as well.

I still enjoy catching fish, even if it isn't done with a fly rod in hand. However, fly fishing speaks to my soul, so to speak. It is much more fullfilling to me than any other form of fishing. So much so i have basically abandoned other forms of fishing. It matters not if to dont catch fish, i am still enjoying myself immensely.

My one exception to other forms of fishing is that i am going to teach my son to bait fish, then gear fish and finally fly fish.

Fly fishing is a sizable investment....

Troutski
Troutski
Answer is-
Fly rod,Fly reel, Fly line, and Fly[/QUOTE]

Add in a fiberglass rod and it is called heaven...

Chuck

N
n8r1
Sinkline said:
"Flyfishing or not"? "Not"...., I rather enjoy Powerbait under my finger nails! :lol:

Randy

I like to fish glitter powerbait with my 5wt. But it's definitely fly fishing because I do it under a thingamabobber!

H
halibuthitman
flyfishing is a room in your heart that you may decorate as you wish... enlightenment comes when you no longer care what others think of the furniture-

H
halibuthitman
Troutski said:
Answer is-
Fly rod,Fly reel, Fly line, and Fly

Add in a fiberglass rod and it is called heaven...

Chuck
[/QUOTE]

or what I like to call a perfect marriage!

E
eggs
halibuthitman said:
flyfishing is a room in your heart that you may decorate as you wish... enlightenment comes when you no longer care what others think of the furniture-

+1

M
mrlindeman
Same as you pretty much. I have to use shot sometimes to get the nymphs down. I would say bait on a fly intended rod is a no go. I dont really see it though happening. I have even seen guys use centrepin reels for fly fishing. I would try that. I think beads are a fine line when a glo bug pattern will do just as well. Its a good topic of discussion. Be great for the next big fly fishing campout. Hint Hint :)