Fixing really beat up spinners

Troutski
Troutski
Lost lures...

Lost lures...

Frankly my lures don't last long enough to get dirty, I wish they did...mine are the ones you guy's are finding. You can tell if they are mine, they have a Blue Fox logo on the blade of the lure, please if you do find any of mine send them back ;). On a more serious note, I use thick brine of sea salt and bottled water, diluted (tap water has far to many chemicals in it) with a wad of .0004 steel wool; after they are cleaned I oil them with shrimp oil and let them fly. There are as many was to clean your tackle as there is to lose it.. Just my two cents worth.

Chuck

F
Fishtopher
Troutski said:
Frankly my lures don't last long enough to get dirty, I wish they did...mine are the ones you guy's are finding. You can tell if they are mine, they have a Blue Fox logo on the blade of the lure, please if you do find any of mine send them back ;).

Chuck

:lol::lol::lol:
For some reason i can only manage to keep jigs and crankbaits!! I lose those blue foxes faster than it takes to pick out the one I want!

F
FishSchooler
Same with me fishtopher! :lol: So many colors and sizes and shapes, I think we should start buying ones we plan to lose and ones we plan to never use.:lol:

A
ArcticAmoeba
I bet each of you has spent well in excess of 75 dollars on spinners , probably lately...I can build a bell bodied spinner, that looks like a B.F., but performs 100 time better. All for less than $1.80 per, with the nicest blades I can get, less for just plain nickel, or brass...On top of all of that, I only fish one of my old Blue Foxes, two Mepps, and two Panter Martens, one of which I need to return to its owner. The rest are home twists, and they seem to outfish everyone on the river, when spinner action is hot for Steelhead, or Salmon. I love being so productive after such a simple change in what I do for spinners, and you can get started for about 50 bucks, total investment, or go for the gusto and spend upwards of 75-100, and you'll be so full of spinners, it'll make your head spin! Totally worth it, if you can put the money down at once, instead of spending extra time/money going to pick out new lures in the stores. Just my 2 cents...Plus, like Troutski has said, nothing beats catching fish on lures you designed and/or built.

F
FishSchooler
I've probably only spent around 20 bucks on spinners... make that 15 if you subtract the ones i've found. ;)
Whats a good kind of paint to repaint bodies? Does it have to be a special kind or will normal spraypaints work?

Last edited: