Fishing Tualatin River (Rood Bridge Park)

C
cookshot
I saw the same thing the other day. The only one I saw all the way out of the water looked like a BIG bass, but all I saw was the bottom of it's mouth. For sure it wasn't a coho (was green/yellowish), but it could have been something other than a bass too. Didn't see the others jump, but splashes sounded big.

C
c_chickens
double tails r made by gary yamamoto! instead of a single tail its got2! looks like a frog! they come in a 4-5inch! watermelon w/black flakeor redan black flake! i use a size 1- 1/0 hook! now if u put in from cook park u head up river an the water gets pretty low but thats where we were getn the largies! havent seen any carp jumpn ! i would say the water moves 2 fast for carp!

D
dangerranger
so wishfully thinkin there are some monster bass in there.... my buddy cought a 15" largemouth out of there on a worm... im new to bass fishing... so i dont have a lot of gear i was mostly using rooster tails and night crawlers and didn't really catch anything but a 3" bass lol

C
c_chickens
it does get better! i fishd a lot with the ol nightcrawler! but learned how 2 fish senkos an really wont go back! this is 1 of the best times of the year 2 catch bass there feeding heavy! every 1 says bigger bait bigger fish, if any1 has the time check out espns big bass part an a guy in japan caught a 27inch 20lbs largemouth bass! the biggest ever caught on a lure!(4inch shade)! the world record was caught on a live bluegill!

P
PdxMotoxer
So i love to take my puppy for walks at Rood Bridge Raod Park and it has a small ramp
and access to the Tualatin River.

Has any of you ever fished there?? if so what's in there??

It looks pretty muddy right now but wondering how the fishing is there or the Tualatin River.

I've seen people fish the small pound there and fly fish it but never seen anything brought out of it.

Thanks all!!

~Rob

S
Spydeyrch
The Tualatin has bass, perch, warm water speices, and in the summer/fall months it has a small run of steelhead and coho salmon.

There is also Rock Creek right there which drains into the Tualatin. It has bass and trout too. Pretty good fishing along there. It just opened up for trout the 28th of last month. Have fun!!

-Spydey

P
PdxMotoxer
very cool and thank you Spydey!!!

it's like a 5 min drive from my place and there looks like a few place to tie off my puppy and just kick back, chill and throw everything i have at that river
and figure out which water is rock creek.

If anyone ever see's a big red 4x4 truck and a guy with a doberman puppy (1 year old, 65lbs) say hi or give me a wave.
like i said i know no one on this side of town. lol

GungasUncle
GungasUncle
Just an FYI - The stretch you're talking about is artificials-only water (no soft plastics allowed, since they're bait) - if you fish downstream of the Hwy 210 (Scholls Ferry Rd) Bridge near Groner Elementary you can use bait, upstream of the bridge is arti only water.

P
PdxMotoxer
THANK you very much! see that's the stuff that brought me and keeps me here.

That's a "new" law to me in fact I'm going to have to look it up because i do believe
ignorance isn't always a good excuse. lol

I stopped there Sat night in the heat (mostly to walk pup and check it out)
and threw a few rooster tail's, then blue fox gold spinner #1 and then decided to walk up
the patch and check out Rock Creek and in the heat i had a ton of bites!! (all mosquito.. lol ) the creek looked very high and very muddy so i didn't waste me time
and i didn't see very many easy access spots.
It did teach me to pick up some sunscreen and mosquito repellent.

On the way back i did try some green P.B. on a small egg hook and weight
but the water was fast, muddy and some debris floating bay.
(*Tualatin River report*)

To be honest i'm more of a lake or huge creek type of guy so doubt i will
be fishing there any time soon. ;)

GungasUncle
GungasUncle
No prob. It was only in the last 5-10 years that this new law was put in place. Used to be open the entire length of the river for bait fishing, then again, the whole thing used to be open for salmon/steelhead year-round too. Now it's cut down to August - October for coho...

Rock Creek can be good where the crap-factory dumps the clean water into the creek. The cooler, aerated water brings lots of fish in there.