Fishing the clack

F
FishSchooler

I was just pointin out that there were troots there... thanks tho...
I havent even been fishing at mciver... so Im still free of tickets!

F
FishKiller23
Ive never really fished the clack. is there any good spots up fast North Fork? I saw a lot of areas were u could pull over and have access to the water. Just never saw any one catching.

A
ArcticAmoeba
Tons. I fish all the places possible to get down to the river all the way up to Timothy Lake. We take two trips a year, and I make an annual, all day trout stalkin trip out of the scenic drive up. A couple lakes too on the way.

A
Anyfishisfine
I've caught a few trout where the North Fork enters the reservoir, but it's pretty hit and miss since it also seems to be a popular swimming hole. Worms and spinners worked there. It's a nice spot to fish with the kids. Grass, not rocks, and protected from the wind.

Further up the river near Fish creek (I think) I landed a 21" steelhead on light trout tackle. That was by far the best fish fight I ever had. 4 pound test, and a tiny spinner I had been using to try and catch trout. I thought he was going to strip my reel a few times as he kept running down the river. I didn't mean to catch him, and wasn't allowed to keep him in any case so I let him go, but he fought well and deserved to spawn anyway

For me the problem with the Clack is access. Where I have been able to get to the river I have caught fish. Finding a spot along the bank where someone hasn't called dibs is tough on the weekend.

S
Snager
Is it alowed to fish for salmon on the clackamas river this month and if so are people catching them.

F
FishFinger
Yes the Clack is open for Salmon angling and there are fish in the system.