Fishing from Winchester Bay crab dock

Fattie
Fattie
Is there a reason this wouldn't be allowed? The guy at the tackle shop told me fishing was ok from boats or the shore, but not from the crab dock. I might be missing something simple, but i didn't see any signs at the dock, or anything about it in the regs. I erred on the side of caution, since i didn't expect the local tackle shop to steer me wrong.. but i would love some clarification.
thanks,
Fat

jamisonace
jamisonace
Fattie said:
Is there a reason this wouldn't be allowed? The guy at the tackle shop told me fishing was ok from boats or the shore, but not from the crab dock. I might be missing something simple, but i didn't see any signs at the dock, or anything about it in the regs. I erred on the side of caution, since i didn't expect the local tackle shop to steer me wrong.. but i would love some clarification.
thanks,
Fat
I see people fish off it all the time.

Reactions: Fattie
G
Gary W
Crabbing out of a boat is always better than crabbing off a dock because the dock gets more people taking out crabs in one spot where a boat can drop the pots in other places where it does not get as much use.However right now is the worst time to get crabs because many of the crabs migrate to the ocean because the river water has fresh water with less salt which means crabs go out to the ocean til it quits raining for a while.

Reactions: Aervax
Fattie
Fattie
It seems that no one knows of a reason that would disallow fishing on the crab dock? I guess I'll just try my luck.