Fishing for yellow perch

PK Yi
PK Yi
we headed out to munsel lake again yesterday for some yellow perch fishing. we did pretty good on them, caught some decent size ones in the 11" range. also got in some bass action.

weather was just super gorgeous. it was warm in the 70's, never seen weather like that on the coast before - at least during the times I've been there.

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
fishing for yellow perch

fishing for yellow perch

excellent

plumbertom
plumbertom
Looks like you were having some fun.
What kind of rigging were you using and how deep were the fish?
I'm planning a trip to one of the coast lakes shortly and having never fished for yellow perch, need all the advice I can get.

PK Yi
PK Yi
I tied a 1/2 oz weight to the end of my main line, and up above about 1 - 2 foot I tied on a pre-snelled #6 hook and another leader 1 foot above that with a #8 hook. water was about 15-20 foot deep.

there's also plenty of yellow perch at woahink - which I fish a lot too. we caught many trolling powerbait or a plug.

good luck.

Reactions: plumbertom
Shaun Solomon
Shaun Solomon
Good stuff, mang. Good job on turning the bigger fish loose too, that is how you do it.

Cheers!

SS

D
Denduran87
Nice!

J
jarhead2
Perch are not native. Make fertilizer. Never release a yellow perch, no matter the size. Bury 'em under the roses. Rant off. Pat

Shaun Solomon
Shaun Solomon
Roses are not native.

J
jarhead2
Shaun Solomon said:
Roses are not native.

Tell it to Portland. big grin. We will never be rid of invasives but we cn make an effort. Wonder what a poll would tell? Peace, Pat

Shaun Solomon
Shaun Solomon
I know non-native species represent a thorny issue. I say if we are serious about getting rid of non-native species, we start with a thorny species, blackberries. :D

J
jarhead2
Shaun Solomon said:
I know non-native species represent a thorny issue. I say if we are serious about getting rid of non-native species, we start with a thorny species, blackberries. :D

LMAO.. Love 'em but a real pain. Pat

C
coyo7e
If we knock down every fence in Oregon there will be nowhere for the birds to sit and crap out blackberry seeds into my yard.