Fishing around Roseburg?

R
Rob
I'm going to be in Roseburg this Saturday & Sunday. My hotel is right on the Umpqua. I'll probably have a couple hours on one or both days to fish if it's worthwhile. Is it worth throwing my gear in the car this time of year? Thanks!

T
Throbbit _Shane
If your hotel is in Roseburg the river that runs through town is the South Umpqua. I dont believe anything is running there until winter steelhead, might be able to catch a small mouth bass though.

jamisonace
jamisonace
This post didn't show up so I reposted.....my bad.

See below

Last edited:
jamisonace
jamisonace
If you are on the river in Roseburg you are probably staying at the Holiday Inn Express. That is on the South Umpqua and I believe it is closed right now. I might be wrong but I'm pretty sure they close it at the end of the year during the fall salmon run.

Coincidentally, I noticed a salmon swirl this afternoon on the South Umpqua not far from there.

Your best bet will be to head to the main umpqua and try for a coho. River Forks park or Cleveland Rapids are good bets near Roseburg this time of year.

R
Rob
Thanks for the info, guys. Good guess on the hotel! Checked the regs, South Umpqua is closed until 11/30. Looks like River Forks and Cleveland Rapids aren't too far out of the way - I'll try and check out at least one on Sunday afternoon!