Fishing Applgate River 2morrow

S
SteveInAshland
The Applegate has cleared up quite a bit . I checked it out before the Super bowl kick off today / Sunday.

Not one single fisherman on the entire upper section and so I suppose it has no runs in it yet but then again the water ' just' started to clear and so someone has to be the 2st guy on the water !

I am going to come into work a bit late tomorrow and hit the upper Applegate in the morning to see if anything is coming up.

If I connect I will let You know.

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Please keep us posted. We don't get enough updates on the Applegate. I do love that area, it is a beautiful example of Oregon's serene beauty.

F
fredaevans
Applegate could be a 'better bet' than the upper Rogue. AG fish tend to arrive earlier than their further up stream Cusions.

E
Eskimo
I went up to the applegate today to check out the fishing. I saw a few people fishing at the fish hatchery park, talked to a guy across the river. Nobody had luck today, what about you?

S
Sirdriftsalot.
Last week of febuary is a good time to start, I have been on it a couple times just checking it out and its still to early even though the flows are perfect, I know someone that had to work really hard for one hatchery hen by the 199 bridge last week.

F
fredaevans
Eskimo said:
I went up to the applegate today to check out the fishing. I saw a few people fishing at the fish hatchery park, talked to a guy across the river. Nobody had luck today, what about you?

Well I'll be darned; Don't know if I didn't know or long forgotten there was a hatchery on the Applegate.Sigh .... another trip to Google.:rolleyes:

S
Sirdriftsalot.
fredaevans said:
Well I'll be darned; Don't know if I didn't know or long forgotten there was a hatchery on the Applegate.Sigh .... another trip to Google.:rolleyes:

The fish hatchery they speak of is just a park, I dont know if historically there was one there, but now its just a park, all applegate hatchery fish come from cole rivers hatchery on the rogue, and the end up in the catch pond below applegate lake.

F
fredaevans
That's what I thought. In relationship to the Dam where is this?
fae

S
Sirdriftsalot.
um fish hatchery park is between murphy and 199 bridge a lot of gear guys pound it just like cantrall buckley and jackson day use, that is good float from fish hatchery to 199 bridge, you can find some secluded holes in there. so it is a long ways away from applegate dam, the catch pond is right below the dam above the deadline.

Last edited:
F
fredaevans
Roger that. If I've got the map dating down this is a VERY current view.
Fred