Fishing advice

Q
Quizzrules
Hey everyone,
I'm new to fishing in the Clackamas River.Does anyone have any suggestions on spots or bait/lures etc etc etc.And just so you know I live in Gladstone...

Thanks

Last edited:
R
rippin fish lips
I don't have any help for u on that river. There is a lot of others on this forum that fish that system however. Don't be afraird to ask questions! summer steelhead are in and there is more coming! Maybe try some spoons like little cleos or thomas bouyants. Spinners to. Welcome to the forum!!

Q
Quizzrules
k thanks. I will be sure to try that

Last edited:
T
troutmaster101
Quizzrules said:
Hey everyone,
I'm new to fishing in the Clackamas River.Does anyone have any suggestions on spots or bait/lures etc etc etc.And just so you know I live in Gladstone...

Thanks

well i use power bait for the trout. rainbow nuggets. salmon peach colored stuff works or the garlic ail. the pink power eggs work great too! steelhead has me stumped! dont even know where to begin. a spot would be faraday lake the dam when they stock. check odfw for schedule.

Last edited:
Q
Quizzrules
I've been trying power bait but still nothing... But I caught a 20lb chinook salmon on the sandy... It just seems that the Clackamas isn't providing as well this year.

T
troutmaster101
Quizzrules said:
I've been trying power bait but still nothing... But I caught a 20lb chinook salmon on the sandy... It just seems that the Clackamas isn't providing as well this year.

its cause it is fished out till about the week of the 22nd! which hole on the sandy? i went to dodge, garbage, sleepy, the bridge. didn't get a bit! was wondering if i should try bobbing?

F
Fishingtips
You can do one thing, just find a boat rental near by your location and hire them they will help you in better manner.

Q
Quizzrules
troutmaster101 said:
its cause it is fished out till about the week of the 22nd! which hole on the sandy? i went to dodge, garbage, sleepy, the bridge. didn't get a bit! was wondering if i should try bobbing?

I was just fooling around in a area that wasn't necessarily a hole but it was closest to the bridge.

Last edited: