First time at St. Louis ponds

A
Anyfishisfine
Absolutely filthy there, and what makes it amazing is there is a live-in caretaker.

S
Shallowbay
Caretaker

Caretaker

Regarding the "caretaker" ... I had a run in with him the first time I went to the ponds. I guess I was going faster than he liked (I was going about 15 mph) and he jumped my sh#t in the first parking lot!!! Said that the speed limit was 10 mph on Marion County back roads. I said sorry that I didn't know, because I had never been there before. He's a grumpy old man so I didn't really get in his face about it. Him and his wife live there on-site. She just stood there looking embarassed. I just went about my business, but he kept yapping about turning me in to Marion County Sheriffs and all that. Finally he left and drove back to his camper. It was a little weird. He was awfully angry over such a small thing. Maybe other people speed down the road or something. I've seen him everytime I've gone. He is always out doing something, but I agree with the previous posters. It's a pretty dirty place for having on-site caretakers or maintenance people.

A
Anyfishisfine
Shallowbay said:
Regarding the "caretaker" ... I had a run in with him the first time I went to the ponds. I guess I was going faster than he liked (I was going about 15 mph) and he jumped my sh#t in the first parking lot!!! Said that the speed limit was 10 mph on Marion County back roads. I said sorry that I didn't know, because I had never been there before. He's a grumpy old man so I didn't really get in his face about it. Him and his wife live there on-site. She just stood there looking embarassed. I just went about my business, but he kept yapping about turning me in to Marion County Sheriffs and all that. Finally he left and drove back to his camper. It was a little weird. He was awfully angry over such a small thing. Maybe other people speed down the road or something. I've seen him everytime I've gone. He is always out doing something, but I agree with the previous posters. It's a pretty dirty place for having on-site caretakers or maintenance people.

He was sitting at the gate the first time I went and gave me a speech about the speed limit too. Before I even went in. Too funny. They must have had an accident in the past or something.

Despite that the place is just so cool and has so much potential I have to go back.

M
Michael
I wonder if we should all get Oregon Fishing Forum.com T-shirts made and have a volunteer clean up day.

Just a thought. Could be a fun OFF get together / social.