First salmon in quite awhile

C_Run
C_Run
Occasionally, I have a great notion....sometimes that is. Today I said "Hey, I'll just be a report chaser." I went to a new to me place where I knew salmon had been caught recently. It would never have occurred to me to fish there now had not one of our fellow members fed me some information a while back (you know who you are and thanks again). I got my first salmon since November 2011. 2012 was truly forgettable. My wife came along and took a lot of pictures so, even though I have not resorted to video yet, there is a cool series of pictures to share.

First. Action shot w/outhouse.

JQdmsop.jpg

Not ready to quit

wistyyZ.jpg

Who needs a net when you've got a lip gripper? Just be ready for a fight in the boat.

S3nWMoD.jpg

Success.

QrKipIn.jpg

I went basic with just one rod and two Bob Toman spinners plus two Blue Fox spinners for a backup and no net. My wife has been bringing me good luck since she has been paddling and taking pictures. I told her she should learn how to troll and double our odds and I would do all the gross stuff related to fish handling. I also got a jack in the last fifteen minutes of a long day (no pic).

Last edited:
H
halibuthitman
truly sweet report... gotta love the yak fishermen!

R
rippin fish lips
Great Report. Might have to get into sometime

T
Throbbit _Shane
Way to go!! Bet that was a lot of fun for you and the wife!

E
eugene1
Nice nook there! Kind of reminds me of that sweet Oregon tidewater.

congrats on the epic skunk breaker!

R
RunWithSasquatch
Nothing much cooler than that! Two strikes on your first trip :clap: Nice work Chris!

Looks like a blast!

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
woo hoo, fantastic, love the pictures.

Hooked Up
Hooked Up
Nice fish and pictures.

Irishrover
Irishrover
Nice photos....I like that tail shot the best.

O
OnTheDrop
Sweeeeet report and pics!

S
SmallStreams
Fish on! Fish bagged!

You're supposed to smile more in the pics :D

C_Run
C_Run
SmallStreams said:
Fish on! Fish bagged!

You're supposed to smile more in the pics :D

Too much adrenaline for smiling at the moment. I had lost so many bigger fish in the last year I hate to even think about it. I am hoping this is the start of a new trend.

R
RunWithSasquatch
C_Run said:
Too much adrenaline for smiling at the moment. I had lost so many bigger fish in the last year I hate to even think about it. I am hoping this is the start of a new trend.

I know the feeling... I was feeling nervous looking at your photo's and knowing the feeling of trying to get that fish in close with out a net.

Nice work getting it done. Trending nicely.