First nook for the year

E
eleazar87
[h=2]Went out fishing last week and landed this nook. it gave a good fight. my buddys limited out 2 hours into our first cast theres were crome but all and all it was a great day to be out fishing[/h][h=2][/h]

• 20131006_080958.jpg
Reactions: Admin
E
eugene1
Sounds like a good time on the water with friends! Your fish could actually be a coho buck though? the bulbous nose and fire engine coloring have me wondering? Great specimen though and very pretty water there.

Glad you guys are getting into the bounty this year,

Best,

E
eleazar87
Hahaha. Yea I think you right. Its a great river. We always get good turn outs.

J
JeannaJigs
definitely a dirty ho. Fun fish though, I've had epic days of coho after coho trying to seed out the nooks, but it never gets old. Can't seem to find many hos this year though...Which means it's another great chinook year like last year, and I'm not complaining. My shoulder hurts from yesterday's outting.

E
eugene1
Right on, eleazar, just follow the fishing regs and you'll be fine. Just so you know, (in case you don't) coho salmon are protected and have to be turned loose so they can build up the run in some rivers. Do check the ODFW regs for which places they are open.

Keep on keepin' on...

Best,

F
Fish-N-Chips
How did that coho cut compared to the other two fish laying on the ground next to you?

Reactions: JeannaJigs