First butt on the Stickleback

N
Noahk
Drew9870 said:
Just irritating seeing this forum get abused just so someone can distribute their product, especially when 95% of their posts revolve around nothing but their product, reminds me of an infomercial. Pretty sure he is not a bad guy, just another fisherman who is also a good salesman. I know if I made a bait that was intended for sales, I would go out and take a picture of every little thing that ate it just to make seem like I was onto something with my bait creation, best sales pitch ever. Bait is bait, cures and preservatives are an overpriced option (besides Eggs, but we are talking the ocean).

Wasn't trying to attack the guy, trying to save people a buck, no need to spend an arm and a leg on something that gets eaten up quick in the ocean and has many practically free alternatives.
I hear what you’re saying but I like the fact that the guy is local and is trying to get a business going. I don’t think it’s such a bad thing to be able to support a starting business from a local fisherman, even if it’s just reading his threads. I’m sure it’s not easy and at least he adds good reports with photos to go along with his product plug. I enjoy them. Plus who really knows, how effective they are? I think it’s hard to say that one bait would be more effective than another unless you actually test them side by side. Yes maybe a halibut would hit a store bought squid 6/10 times but maybe it would hit the stickybait 8/10 times? Or maybe there is no difference? I don’t claim to know but I’m not going to argue the point one way or another. Maybe the baits stand out better due to the color and maintains a natural motion? I’ve never tried them but I’m not going to bag on the guy either. I’m happy to agree to disagree with you on but I’m of the opinion that he should be able to post without people suggesting other baits.

J
JeannaJigs
^^^ x 2

T
Thuggin4Life
Nice fish!

T
Thuggin4Life
NIce fish!

K
Kevinb5688
Dont worry about what that drew guy says, he looks 16 and dosent know how hard it is to earn a living making/selling a product. Good job on the fish and a fair priced/ good looking bait. Id rather use it then deal with squid or sand shrimp.

D
Drew9870
Kevinb5688 said:
Dont worry about what that drew guy says, he looks 16 and dosent know how hard it is to earn a living making/selling a product.

You're funny, just goes to show your mentality :lol:. "Don't worry about this guy, he looks _____, and doesn't know how to _____." I could say a lot about what you look like especially judged by your typing personality, but I ain't a punk, and I don't personally know you, likewise for yourself buddy, you don't know me, so don't go out and tell the world what you think I know and don't know how to do.

I will have to agree with you Noahk, I never actually stopped to think about supporting a local vendor that is also a fisherman.

Last edited:
D
Drew9870
I guess the least I could do is apologize to daehleets, didn't think to stick up for a local bait processor, in fact, I would actually try his product just to say I did.

Sorry for all the hijacks, what I say is basically directed towards noobs to the ocean, because if one is going to start ocean fishing, it is best to start with cheap alternatives until one has a really good idea of what they are doing and what can happen in the ocean. Not a guy hiding behind a computer for sure, as myself, I can tell a person I will openly state/recommend what I know/think in person.

Edit - And it wouldn't hurt to thank him for doing his best to provide us with a bait that will work in River and Sea, I would buy it for the river personally.

Last edited:
T
the_intimidator03
Nice work daehleets,

Drew... thumbs up to you for what you just replied. I agree with what you have previously said about the bait, i think it was just the wrong place for it so i commend you for apologizing to daehleets

P
Perry
Great fish looks like a good day of fishing.