First butt on the Stickleback

D
daehleets
Went little further offshore this time testin the Stickleback in the salt. Found the "River wiggler" was liked by all. Good weather, great fishin.........good times! ab111111.jpgab1111111.jpgab111111111111.jpgab11111111111.jpgPICT0764.jpg

Reactions: chris61182
S
Subacca
You in a bay cause it looks nice and calm? Be fun to try and catch a halibut when I get my fishing kayak in and I won't be going out in the ocean until I get more experience.

W
waco
Good job getting all those fish!!! looks like the bait works for every single fish congrats!!! i even saw your bait on the STS magazine!!! :clap: :clap:

D
daehleets
Subacca said:
You in a bay cause it looks nice and calm? Be fun to try and catch a halibut when I get my fishing kayak in and I won't be going out in the ocean until I get more experience.
Not a bay just a calm day, I hear ya on the ocean kayak the more i check into fishing out of the sit on top ocean kayaks the more i think i got to get me one!. Did some fishin out of a smaller sit it last summer and it worked like a champ in the river. The ocean fishin out of a yak looks killer!

D
daehleets
waco said:
Good job getting all those fish!!! looks like the bait works for every single fish congrats!!! i even saw your bait on the STS magazine!!! :clap: :clap:
Thanks waco, kinda crazy seeing a product i made in a magazine that i have been reading ever since i was a little fella. Thnx again for the congrats

K
Kevinb5688
Do you sell these locally? I wanted to try some, but shipping is a lot on your web site. What are the long "z" shapped worms called?

D
Drew9870
Use an Octopus tentacle or a Squid, easy on the wallet, and just as productive considering an ocean fish is out for the protein and scent, I could name dozens of baits for the sea that are no more productive than one another as long as you are on top of fish.

If you want different colors, then experiment with egg cures, they also contain a preservative so you can jar your baits just as Stickleback does.

Fish are scavengers, unless you made something revolutionary, you can usually find a cheaper alternative.

Last edited:
N
Noahk
Great fish! Let me know if you ever want to try some kayak fishing!

D
daehleets
Noahk said:
Great fish! Let me know if you ever want to try some kayak fishing!

Thanks for the invite. Will hit ya up for sure, PM ya later

D
daehleets
Kevinb5688 said:
Do you sell these locally? I wanted to try some, but shipping is a lot on your web site. What are the long "z" shapped worms called?
Those be the the "river wigglers". First started using um on the steelies when soaked in steelie lovin colors and flavors but figured i would see what happens in the salt and seems to get gobbled up also. As of now i just have um up for sale on the website but here shortly got me some local stores gunna start stocking them. Thanx

N
Noahk
daehleets said:
Those be the the "river wigglers". First started using um on the steelies when soaked in steelie lovin colors and flavors but figured i would see what happens in the salt and seems to get gobbled up also. As of now i just have um up for sale on the website but here shortly got me some local stores gunna start stocking them. Thanx
Where are the local stores? Any around PDX?

D
daehleets
Noahk said:
Where are the local stores? Any around PDX?

Bear mountain outfitters in toledo , and the logsden store just out of siletz will be a couple local stores , sorry none as of yet in the pdx area.

S
SALTYFISH
Drew9870 said:
Use an Octopus tentacle or a Squid, easy on the wallet, and just as productive considering an ocean fish is out for the protein and scent, I could name dozens of baits for the sea that are no more productive than one another as long as you are on top of fish.

If you want different colors, then experiment with egg cures, they also contain a preservative so you can jar your baits just as Stickleback does.

Fish are scavengers, unless you made something revolutionary, you can usually find a cheaper alternative.

Sniff Sniff Sniff, Any one else smell that? Smells like a bunch of hattin to me!!!!!:lol:

S
steelhead1
SALTYFISH said:
Sniff Sniff Sniff, Any one else smell that? Smells like a bunch of hattin to me!!!!!:lol:

Yeah.I dont get why some have such a problem with stickleback bait:rolleyes:.Looks to me like this bait is effective on a variety of species.Maybe this product only works as well as any other bait,but I think it is a novel approach to a tried and true technique.Give the guy a break!Some fishermen (and women) prefer to buy thier baits off the shelf, and not have to deal with the mess. Perhaps one could argue that it would be just as easy to manufacture you own graphite,line and hooks.Eh?Its been done,but I would rather someone else do the work. Good luck Daehleets, I wish you all the best....:D

D
daehleets
steelhead1 said:
Yeah.I dont get why some have such a problem with stickleback bait:rolleyes:.Looks to me like this bait is effective on a variety of species.Maybe this product only works as well as any other bait,but I think it is a novel approach to a tried and true technique.Give the guy a break!Some fishermen (and women) prefer to buy thier baits off the shelf, and not have to deal with the mess. Perhaps one could argue that it would be just as easy to manufacture you own graphite,line and hooks.Eh?Its been done,but I would rather someone else do the work. Good luck Daehleets, I wish you all the best....:D
;) Thnx steelhead 1. like i said before im not into hidin behind a screen talking smack just a fishin fool that found a bait that works like a champ on steelies and other types of fish and enjoy manufacturing bait for a sport that i live for. Thats all i got to say bout that ;)

Reactions: JeannaJigs
T
TTFishon
Nice dude!!! Looks like another great day on the water with the stickleback!

D
Drew9870
daehleets said:
like i said before im not into hidin behind a screen talking smack just a fishin fool that found a bait that works like a champ on steelies and other types of fish and enjoy manufacturing bait for a sport that i live for. Thats all i got to say bout that ;)

Lol, I'll tell someone straight to their face that ocean fish will eat dozens of bait just as well as any (and I do), and I do not see one bit why a Steelhead wouldn't eat a Squid chunk from the Asian grocer, or an uncured/unpreserved Octopus tentacle, hell it your bait was rubber had no smell or flavor a Steelhead would still eat it, and so would those Rockfish.

I am not talking smack about your bait, kudos to you if the cure and preservative aren't poisonous to aquatic life, but I am yet explaining to people that you don't need anything fancy to up your catch rate, otherwise EVERYONE would be doing it already. NO DIFFERENT than Steelhead Stalkers coming on here and indirectly making sales pitches about his UV BS yarn, and every report of his was basically stating the UV did the trick/caught this fish, as if he couldn't put something else in front of the fish and still catch the damn thing.

It is an indirect sales pitch as well, obviously you want people to buy your product for a variety of species (cheap alternative = Squid), and if there is one thing I enjoy, it is finding a cheaper alternative or finding other fishermen cheaper alternatives.

Seriously not crap talking about your bait, because it works obviously, but you seem to enjoy coaxing people into buying it just like SS once did with his products.

N
Noahk
Drew9870 said:
Lol, I'll tell someone straight to their face that ocean fish will eat dozens of bait just as well as any (and I do), and I do not see one bit why a Steelhead wouldn't eat a Squid chunk from the Asian grocer, or an uncured/unpreserved Octopus tentacle, hell it your bait was rubber had no smell or flavor a Steelhead would still eat it, and so would those Rockfish.

I am not talking smack about your bait, kudos to you if the cure and preservative aren't poisonous to aquatic life, but I am yet explaining to people that you don't need anything fancy to up your catch rate, otherwise EVERYONE would be doing it already. NO DIFFERENT than Steelhead Stalkers coming on here and indirectly making sales pitches about his UV BS yarn, and every report of his was basically stating the UV did the trick/caught this fish, as if he couldn't put something else in front of the fish and still catch the damn thing.

It is an indirect sales pitch as well, obviously you want people to buy your product for a variety of species (cheap alternative = Squid), and if there is one thing I enjoy, it is finding a cheaper alternative or finding other fishermen cheaper alternatives.

Seriously not crap talking about your bait, because it works obviously, but you seem to enjoy coaxing people into buying it just like SS once did with his products.
I think the main issue is that this post isn't a question about what baits to use in the Ocean. It's about his specific success using his baits, which I think is perfectly fine. To be honest Drew I think you jumping in and giving your opinion is just thread jacking. I'd suggest making another post about what works for you in the Ocean if you feel that strongly about it. I think we should let the man post up his results without feeling attacked each time he does it.

D
daehleets
Noahk said:
I think the main issue is that this post isn't a question about what baits to use in the Ocean. It's about his specific success using his baits, which I think is perfectly fine. To be honest Drew I think you jumping in and giving your opinion is just thread jacking. I'd suggest making another post about what works for you in the Ocean if you feel that strongly about it. I think we should let the man post up his results without feeling attacked each time he does it.
:)........... Should have seen the water in depoe bay this mornin , smooth as silk. gots to get me a kayak. have a feelin will i will be chatin with ya a lot in the future about this ocean kayak thing;)

D
Drew9870
Noahk said:

Just irritating seeing this forum get abused just so someone can distribute their product, especially when 95% of their posts revolve around nothing but their product, reminds me of an infomercial. Pretty sure he is not a bad guy, just another fisherman who is also a good salesman. I know if I made a bait that was intended for sales, I would go out and take a picture of every little thing that ate it just to make seem like I was onto something with my bait creation, best sales pitch ever. Bait is bait, cures and preservatives are an overpriced option (besides Eggs, but we are talking the ocean).

Wasn't trying to attack the guy, trying to save people a buck, no need to spend an arm and a leg on something that gets eaten up quick in the ocean and has many practically free alternatives.

Last edited: