Finally an August fish!

T
tomriker
It's been a very busy month at work and haven't had time to go out, besides a few minutes here and there after work. I've caught a couple dinks but this was the first over 4 pounds. Still not a very good fish but it keeps my streak going of a bass every month so far this year!

null.jpg

Reactions: Admin
H
Hendo30
ahhh yah....Nice fish TR, way to keep the streak alive and get what you wanted prior to monthend....you cut it close but go it in there. Nice job

troutdude
troutdude
Good lookin' fish bro. And I like the "rock bait" too. It even comes with a leader! lol

R
rl206
Right on, every month?
That is something I am going to try to do this coming year!
Congrats on that!

T
tomriker
Yeah, I caught more bass in january than in August :) I know it was a close call! I'm leaving for sunriver right now! Was planning on night fishing tonight with the full moon... But then had to go to sunriver with the fam

T
Throbbit _Shane
Nice one TR!

Me and Dave missed 2-3 bass a piece last night at his place haha

B
Bassdad54
Have fun at Sunriver

F
Finneus Polebender
Throbbit _Shane said:
Nice one TR!

Me and Dave missed 2-3 bass a piece last night at his place haha

Made up for it tonight though....8-30-12 002.jpg, Got both mine on a black booyah with a black red fleck craw fatty trailer TRs bait of confidence. Missed 2 others they were hammerin the ol jig!

T
tomriker
Sucky part was it was less than 5 feet from the shore so I hardly got to fight it!

F
Finneus Polebender
tomriker said:
Sucky part was it was less than 5 feet from the shore so I hardly got to fight it!

Kinda the same here now, only its less than 5 ft to the weed bed then the fight is over lol.

T
tomriker
The water Is down about 3 feet at my place fp, still higher that it used to be, next year we are going to shut off the dam a month sooner to try and keep it fuller!

F
Finneus Polebender
tomriker said:
The water Is down about 3 feet at my place fp, still higher that it used to be, next year we are going to shut off the dam a month sooner to try and keep it fuller!

No way to do that here , the tractor pond and backyard pond are both down about 3 ft here big pond seems to be down just a foot or two. I guess if I could find a pump and reuse the pipe the owners dad installed and pump fresh water into the backyard one . He used to have trout out there and by doing that he kept the water temps cool for them.

J
JeannaJigs
bass abuse! bass abuse!! haha.

There were trout in that little backyard pond!? Holy cow!

T
TTFishon
Somehow I missed this thread. Oh yeah, I was on vacation. Nice fish guys. I'm glad you caught one to keep your monthly catch going TR. Dave, your fish pics are more proof to me that we need to get some more food in there