Fern Ridge tips?

X
xltom
I was thinking of taking my 12ft boat over to Fern Ridge Res. this afternoon or maybe tomorrow. I drove past it on 126 and it seemed like there is a lot of water in there right now. I had always heard it was a mud hole so I've never been there.

Can anyone tell me where I should put the boat in? I thought I'd just bring some worms and some bass lures. Do I need anything else? Thanks...

N
nwkiller
tom take some corn with you....i forget what park to put ur boat in but i would do it off 126 there rally over to where the canal is off 126 (the one that looks like pirates of the carribian) go up that like 50 yards, carp and bass and blue gil await you!! good luck, my friend pulled a 15 lb carp outta that spot 2 days ago

X
xltom
Thanks killa,
I just got back and didn't see your reply before I left. I put in at richardson park at 3:30. I fished up the bank to the right but didn't make it anywhere near the 126 side. I threw everything I had at em' while soaking a worm/bobber on my other rod. No bites but I saw a few hit on top right by the grass line.

This was my first time casting all day from a low seated position. It took me a while to figure out how to pull it off while running the trolling motor at the same time. I originally thought a shorter rod would work better (5'6") but then realized that my 7' medium was easier to cast. I tried a baitcaster(curado) but that was a nightmare while sitting down. I also had to learn to come in to the bank upwind of where I want to cast and put the electric in slow reverse to keep me from moving too much. Anchoring up put the boat in weird positions that were tough to cast from.

N
nwkiller
that lake is crazy hit and miss i will pm you my secret.......

X
xltom
Hmmm, itchin to get the boat out again.. Should I go back and redeem myself for yesterday's skunk or try somewhere else? Man, workin the graveyard shift don't leave much time to fish when it's getting dark early....

Last edited: