Fall bassin'

H
Hendo30
Hey All-
Just curious if anyone is heading out in the next few days or this weeknd to chase some Bass. If so, I just thought I would open up the dialog to discuss our Fall techniques or any tips folks can share for these colder days.:think:

T
tomriker
im goin saturday! ill let you know how it goes :)

F
Finneus Polebender
tomriker said:
im goin saturday! ill let you know how it goes :)

Be the weekend for me as well gonna see if we can't run into a few last minute gorgers.

R
ryan808
Dropshot and shakey heads are on the menu for me.

D
Darthbeans
Yeah good choices Ryan!! along with big jigs low and slow or similar bottom techs. even swimbaits bottom bounced can produce its all just slow as hell and not many bites but the ones you do get make it worth it :)

Reactions: Slick
R
ryan808
I think the hardest part is finding where they're laying up, after that its trying to get them to hit your bait. I call it the 10/90 rule; 90% of the fish are concentrated in 10% of the water body, then 90% of the bass will hit 10% of the lures thrown in front of them. :think:. Not really, but it sounds good.:lol:

Last edited:
D
Darthbeans
Its sadly pretty accurate lol even if it doesn't sound good

Reactions: Finneus Polebender
T
TTFishon
I'm a bass junkie but I'm also a junkie of other sorts. I'll be out tryin to get a ho, coho that is. Good luck guys! Can't wait to see your reports!

F
Finneus Polebender
ryan808 said:
Dropshot and shakey heads are on the menu for me.

was checkin out a minnow dropshot rig that looked reel deadly the other day definitely gonna try it. Other than that jigs and swimbaits very slow for the big one!

Last edited:
T
tomriker
i got a few new toys to try too :)

C
colbypearson
ryan808 said:
I think the hardest part is finding where they're laying up, after that its trying to get them to hit your bait. I call it the 10/90 rule; 90% of the fish are concentrated in 10% of the water body, then 90% of the bass will hit 10% of the lures thrown in front of them. :think:. Not really, but it sounds good.:lol:

I call it the fish the 90 days of winter and maybe catch one good fish LMAO the 1/90 rule the odds suck!

im kidding but seriously i hate winter here.... I havent fished since TR's :shock:

R
ryan808
You heading down to AZ to prefish or just jumping in cold?

C
catfishman89
Im throwing in the towel for the 2011 season. I can't wait until next february when things hopefully heat up.

C
colbypearson
Just jumpin on in ryan. February is tougher than november imho.

H
Hendo30
I plan to toss some jigs this weekend. I have big plans to add a new entry to the 2011 Lunker thread. I will post a report and pics (if any) this weekend. Good luck to all who venture out.

T
tomriker
Now I just need to find somewhere with fish to go! Maybe freeway lakes? :)

F
Finneus Polebender
tomriker said:
Now I just need to find somewhere with fish to go! Maybe freeway lakes? :)

Looked just like nestle quick when i went by this mornin , I got the call at dinner tonight 10hr days + saturday this weekend at least. Looks like my only shot will be sun.

T
TTFishon
Finneus Polebender said:
Looked just like nestle quick when i went by this mornin , I got the call at dinner tonight 10hr days + saturday this weekend at least. Looks like my only shot will be sun.

Good luck. Our first winter storm is suppose to hit Saturday. They're predicting snow levels at around 2500 ft.

D
Darthbeans
Got one tiny bass on a crank today.......but still a bass lol. did get my trout limit though :) with this one being the biggest.
2011-11-1195160603.jpg

R
ryan808
ha, not a bass pic but Ill take it. Nice job Brian.