Exploration of untouched river

GungasUncle
GungasUncle
brandon4455 said:
i made a thread in OFF gatherings :p gungasuncle, im pretty flexible on this, i can take day a day of school here and there we ill see what goes down

I'm sure the one & only Gunga would take a day off from school to join me too. He does that now and then.

troutdude
troutdude
Spydey, thank you for the camp's web link. I just sent them a message, and asked for permission to fish in their lake. It is private, and they stock it for their campers (all girls camp I think). Perhaps we should all OFFer to Catch n' Release only...since they pay for the fish to be stocked? Plus, we'd leave the fish for the girls too.

The river proper, is open on April 23rd w/ a 2-fish daily limit. It is also restricted to artificial flies and lures only. I'm game to go there for the opener. Anyone else?

P.S. Would anyone be willing to help teach some of their campers some basic fishing skills, in exchange for the privilege to fish in their lake? I have taught the fishing merit badge to boys several times, and it's quite fun.

troutdude
troutdude
Update:

I got a reply back from the PTB, at the camp. They politely denied access to fish in their pond. Someone pays for and donates the fish...and are their only for campers. That's cool; and I thanked them for giving young ladies the opportunity to go fishing!

So, we'll need to all just fish in the river proper. And that's okay by me!