Early season Hagg Lake trout

A
andronicus83
Thought we might have seen you...

Thought we might have seen you...

Saw two guys getting pushed around in the wind rowing a canoe. The pole is hard to make out. It is mostly black with pink being the other main color. I was using my new Cherrywood med-light she bought me from the bi-mart ad this week. That thing is a beaut. So sensitive, but it made it hard to tell bites from the wind sometimes.

A
Anyfishisfine
That was us for sure. The wind wasn't an issue at all until the end, but it picked up quick. For most of the morning it was real smooth, and trolling was effortless, but the last 30 minutes wore me out. The wind and waves made it time to quit, but it was a blast. It was the the first blood on the deck of my canoe (since I've owned it).

B
beaverfan
Anyfishisfine said:
The bay south of ramp C is where we were trolling and caught fish. I was looking for pink poles but didn't see any.

That lake just screams bass. I can't wait till it warms up a bit.

When it does, care to take me out for a lesson? I really want to get into bass fishing. If you think that water is bassy have you seen Vernonia Pond. Holy Mackerel! Plus the Nehalem River is just south of there. Got some real nice trout holes if you walk down the banks vernonia trail.
Google Maps

Last edited:
A
Anyfishisfine
Yeah for sure. But we can learn together. I've caught a few, but by no means an expert.

B
beaverfan
Well thats a few more than me! LOL I see them roll and start drooling, but I can't catch them for the life of me.

M
mgdguy
From our trip today :) These are Anyfishisfine's

B
beaverfan
mmmm....Snickers!

M
mgdguy
andronicus83 said:
Saw two guys getting pushed around in the wind rowing a canoe

Hey we thought we handled that thing pretty well out there!

Anyfishisfine doesn't want to mention how he threw his oar INTO THE LAKE both times bringing each of those fish in :lol: :lol:

A
Anyfishisfine
Still trying to figure that one out.

Apologies to the parents of any small children who may have been in earshot.

M
mgdguy
:lol: :lol: :lol:

M
MJBSN2
Heres what we got yesterday in about 2 hours........:D Took my sister and brother out. didn't really have a chance to sit.. Goodtimes with the golden kastmaster

A
Anyfishisfine
Very nice

B
beaverfan
Please tell me you had a fourth person with you.

M
MJBSN2
YES,MY 10 YEAR OLD:dance:

B
beaverfan
Sweet! I'm glad you guys did good. Thought you mis-counted fish for a second, but nice haul! Were they all caught with a Kastmaster or what. Sounds like you guys did much better than most of the people out there yesterday.

M
MJBSN2
3 poles 3 kastmasters one of all at different depths

M
mgdguy
MJBSN2 said:
3 poles 3 kastmasters one of all at different depths

My two kastmasters didn't produce sh......anything :mad:

B
bmac_0021
What area of the Hagg did you catch these? Nice job. I used a silver kastmaster out there all day the other day on my float tube and didn't catch anything :(

M
MJBSN2
all over the lake started at the dock trolling and headed toward the middle