Does anyone know what kind of bank rod holders these are?

D
drbgonzal
Tried making my own with hose clamps and it sucks. Where do you buy these aluminum ones? They have a screw device on the bottom to lock in the holder.

• Screenshot_20220221-134442_Photos.jpg
DOKF
DOKF
Looks like an easy DIY project ...

I've seen several made from PVC pipe over the past few years. Often using a straightened paint roller handle to fashion the dirt spike end.

Not sure about the clamp at the bottom; there are pros and cons to a clamp.

GaryP1958
GaryP1958
Mouth of the Rogue!

Casting Call
Casting Call
Check out U-Tube DIY "rod holder with recycled materials". Compact, cheap, personalize yourself. Let us know how you made out. Tony

Reactions: troutdude
H
herrliechne
Try Tim at "Willamette Specials".
The picture is one of his. I'm a happy customer of his. I get nothing for the referral.

Casting Call
Casting Call
$55.00!!!!!!!!! I don't know, for a rod holder? Tony

• Wow
Chromatose
Chromatose
I do not know what those particular rod holders are, but I did as Tony mentioned and found this reel quick

Reactions: Casting Call
D
drbgonzal
Thanks this is what Im looking for because I need to be able to smack the rebar down into the rocky beach vs hitting the pvc holder.

Reactions: Casting Call
P
pcstock
I used a piece of steel angle, cut the tip to a point and screwed it to a PVC pipe. Cheap and easy. Just need access to an angle grinder.

H
herrliechne
The picture at the start looks like Meldrum Bar. Nothing but rock to drive into. I question whether PVC will take the beating driving it in at places like at Meldrum. PVC into Sand, ok. Dirt with some stone, maybe ok. I like driving steel into rocky places with a 2lb hammer, then attaching the holder as in the picture. But whatever works for you ......

D
drbgonzal
herrliechne said:
The picture at the start looks like Meldrum Bar. Nothing but rock to drive into. I question whether PVC will take the beating driving it in at places like at Meldrum. PVC into Sand, ok. Dirt with some stone, maybe ok. I like driving steel into rocky places with a 2lb hammer, then attaching the holder as in the picture. But whatever works for you ......
Yes its meldrum my pvc took a beating which is why Im changing my design

Casting Call
Casting Call
pcstock said:
I used a piece of steel angle, cut the tip to a point and screwed it to a PVC pipe. Cheap and easy. Just need access to an angle grinder.
I think this is the best one K.I.S.S. Before locking down wingnut turn PVC perpendicular to angle iron drive as deep as needed into ground, turn PVC parallel to angle iron, and lock it down. Cut pcs. to length. Tony

Reactions: drbgonzal
Bank10
Bank10
I bank fished for years, and built several different rod holders, but this last rod holder is easy to make and can be stuck into almost any thing or anywhere. Here are the preticulars on the rod holder;

1" angle iron 3' long sharpened on the bottom.

weld 2 1/2" metal rings onto the fishing rod holder.

Paint if you need to then go fishing. This rod holder can be pushed into rocks, sand, and dirt.

I have a few of these that I would be willing to sell if anyone is interested $20.00 each

plumbertom
plumbertom
pcstock said:
Photos.Please.

Casting Call
Casting Call
P....Tom Again...."rod holder with recycled materials" on U-TUBE!!!
Casting Call said:
Check out U-Tube DIY "rod holder with recycled materials". Compact, cheap, personalize yourself. Let us know how you made out. Tony

P
pcstock
Drilled a hole in the top of the PVC so I could get a screwdriver in there to tighten the bolt. Ground down the back of the angle slightly to make a flat spot for the nut.

DOKF
DOKF
For a lighter, but maybe less rugged holder, I have used an aluminum angle piece

plumbertom
plumbertom
Casting Call said:
P....Tom Again...."rod holder with recycled materials" on U-TUBE!!!
Missed the reference to previous post in this one.

Casting Call
Casting Call
pcstock said:
Drilled a hole in the top of the PVC so I could get a screwdriver in there to tighten the bolt. Ground down the back of the angle slightly to make a flat spot for the nut.
pcs.... looks very, very strong will work for hard pan. Alternate for soft pan, remove lower bolt, install longer bolt topside with wing nut, pivot for tight storage and safety. Tony