Dodge Park 4/17/15

K
Kage
Gonna head out to Dodge tomorrow morning so hopefully I get some action. I'm not familiar with fishing on the Sandy River still so I just stick to Dodge. If anyone knows a good bank spot to play around with, I'm all ears.

Irishrover
Irishrover
If you want to walk up river there are a couple of good spot. Walk under the bridge head up stream and remember to stay below the high water mark. On the opposite bank is cliff when you reach that area you'll find the first of two pools to fish. The other option is to go to Oxbow Park and there you will find lots of bank access. Good luck.

K
Kage
Ah I'll try that next time, I got frustrated with Dodge and went to Oxbow for the first time. Was a bit confused about parking but found water to fish in. Still got a lot to learn, no bites but I did see a fish jump out of the water right in front of me. I guess that counts for something.

Irishrover
Irishrover
Well at least you know they are in there. Dodge Park is OK but it really has limited space.

K
Kage
I've never felt like there are a lot of options there but it's the closest to me. Anything interesting about Dabney Park? Maybe I should find a new spot to fish on a regular basis.

Irishrover
Irishrover
I'm only about seven mile away from Dodge Park and am retired so I go there mid week and stay away from the crowds. Just up the road from Dodge Park is the Garbage hole. It's up Marsh road about 3/4 mile from Dodge. I don't fish Dabney, If I go down river I prefer Oxbow there is so much more room to fish there. Most of my fishing effort though is down on the lower Columbia by Warrenton.

K
Kage
I've lived in Sandy now for over 2 years yet I am not close to being familiar with it's waters. I'm about 15 mins from Dodge Park which is the main reason why I go there. Maybe I'll walk up the bank further then I have before and find those spots you mentioned. Now I'm itching to get back to the river! Gotta work on my technique though. Mainly been fishing with spinners but haven't got it down for fishing off the bottom yet. Got a fly rod I messed around with that I'd like to put more time into. I'm still looking to land my first salmon or steelhead and every year I tell myself this will be the year haha