Did someone make a green bobber, and lose it at the Sandy ?

M
mikeee2362
Someone made the biggest bobber I've ever seen!
10168968_633083776774579_1089605810_n.jpg
Out of a Volleyball!! Ok maybe it wasn't a Bobber.

T
TimberTodd
Its Wilson from Castaway. WILSON!!!!!

E
eugene1
Could it be an anchor buoy or was it floating?

D
DrTheopolis
16oz rated bobber. For REALLY big Chinook.

D
DrTheopolis
eugene1 said:

Does anyone use a buoy on small tribs? Never see it myself.

E
eugene1
Never seen that either, but you never know.

DrTheopolis said:
Never see it myself.

D
DrTheopolis
"You never know" is such a universal truth on the river. Sometimes, you see the unexpected...

Like when we hopped out of the driftboat on the Clack a couple weeks ago, to bank fish a spot. River comes through a small rapid, then turns 90 degrees right against a wall, with a back eddy to the left. I was at the top of the hole, edge of the rapids, my buddies were below me. Heard the sled coming downstream at quite a clip. I wasn't sure if they were turning left into the big eddy, or right downstream, but I started reeling up in anticipation... which allowed my full attention to the approaching sled... which turned neither left nor right, and instead opted to go headlong into the wall, at speed. Couldn't really see the damage to the bow, but I'm guessing there was plenty... big crash.

I'm sure they were happy there was someone there to see it. I had a hard time with the next few casts, since I was laughing pretty hard. Karma for ripping into a hole where people were fishing.

M
mikeee2362
eugene1 said:
It was floating right on by, saw it easily from far enough away that I could get my phone out and snap a couple shots. It was definitely a volleyball or soccer ball as I could see the panels, dunno how someone could attach it as a buoy unless they put it inside a net or bag. But I like the idea of a 16oz rated bobber and what you might need one for.:lol: