Detroit Lake pot-luck

LadyoftheLake
LadyoftheLake
Bring a store bought pie and a deli-made side salad.

Bring a store bought pie and a deli-made side salad.

Jenna,

You work hard. Why should you slave over a stove? Outsource!! Outsource and let the professionals do what they do best.

Get a ready made pie and a ready made side salad (your favorite!) and bring enough "for 8 people".

God bless you hard working nurses! Salt of the earth types! Not everyone can do what you do.

Ladyofthelake

Last edited:
J
JeannaJigs
you are right, I'm sooo busy this week it's nuts. I'm so glad I will be able to relax and get some fishing in this weekend, it's my first oppurtunity since moving. I will come up with somethin', some folks PM'd me with ideas, and I'm going to combine a few of them, and will be able to feed the masses! No worries, I am not bringing ramen noodles!

A
autofisher
OnTheFly said:
Don't go out of your way catphish you can get all that stuff IN Detroit :D

Problem with waiting till you get to Detroit is that they charge way too much for all that stuff, even the roadkill. I think they call them loose meat sandwiches.

GraphiteZen
GraphiteZen
Hey Barb is there anything you think may be needed that hasn't been mentioned? I'm putting together a list, so far I have mustard, toothpicks and handiwipes.... :D

A
autofisher
I know that we're bringing one, but maybe another folding table?

O
OnTheFly
autofisher said:
Problem with waiting till you get to Detroit is that they charge way too much for all that stuff, even the roadkill. I think they call them loose meat sandwiches.

Yeah...and they probably charge an arm and a leg for the bottom shelf tequila too!

GraphiteZen
GraphiteZen
autofisher said:

I actually don't have a folding table, best I can do is a muddy tailgate. ;)

O
OnTheFly
autofisher said:

Hey Mike, We'll be bringing more tables. Also some cord wood if needed. Hey... what about a margarita Bar:dance:lol

GraphiteZen
GraphiteZen
I was considering bringing my smoker and a bunch of brined beef for some on-the-spot jerky...... But not sure about my time schedule. Not sure I can camp.

LadyoftheLake
LadyoftheLake
Bringing some miscellaneous sundries to share...

Bringing some miscellaneous sundries to share...

50 Sturdy Paper Plates
100 Medium Sized Plastic Cups (recyclable)
32-32-32 Forks/Knives/Spoons "Premium" Plastic Utensils...
Several rolls of Bounty Paper Towels
Box of Kitchen Sized garbage bags

We probably need ice chests with ice to chill beverages and perhaps an ice chest with ice for putting into beverages.:cool:

What about beverages? Do we bring our own? Flat of chilled waters? Soda? Other?

Are there Picnic Tables available at the site? How about camping chairs...we have a few extra.

LadyoftheLake
LadyoftheLake
Lemons for the fish?

Lemons for the fish?

I do hope we catch fish to grill for Saturday nite. We will need some lemons for the fish, right?:shock:

O
osmosis
lemon, onions, bacon all kinds of good camp stuff should be remember'd.

I am bringing a steelhead if I can make it saturday for the dinner.

P
platteflyfisher
Mixers

Mixers

Reser's is close to work so I can pick up a lot of ready made salads. I camp every weekend and have realized that tequila mixed with the frozen limeade mix works the best and is easy to pack. I'll grab some Grand Marnier for some nice top shelfers, yummmm.

C
catphish
hawaiian chicken in the marinade, hawaiian mac salad in creation. I will need use of a bbq to cook on tho, I dont have a portable bbq to take. Finger, can I use your grill?

GraphiteZen
GraphiteZen
I assume most are camping as it looks like there will be some inebriation going on.. Has anyone camped there before?

J
JeannaJigs
GraphiteZen said:
I assume most are camping as it looks like there will be some inebriation going on.. Has anyone camped there before?
Never camped there, never fished there, never seen "there" before...All new territory.

LadyoftheLake
LadyoftheLake
Patriotic Fruit Salad is chilling...

Patriotic Fruit Salad is chilling...

Patriotic Fruit Salad:

Strawberries
Raseberries
Watermelon
Cherries (think Cherry Pie)
Blueberries
little marshmellows

RED -WHITE and BLUE fruit salad...and it's yummmmmmmmy!

also two little tubs of home made top-secret chocolate chip shortbread cookies!

...a dozen lemons (for fish off the grill???)
...a dozen limes ( Margaritas need limes, right?):clap::lol:
:rolleyes: