Deschutes lately?

C
chillfish420
has anyone been down on the deschutes since we got all the snow and rain a week or so ago? i was thinkin about headin down to steelhead falls this weekend but i wanted to make sure the river is still fishable. im open for other spots too if anyone's got any hot spots :D

S
spmpdr
chillfish420 said:
has anyone been down on the deschutes since we got all the snow and rain a week or so ago? i was thinkin about headin down to steelhead falls this weekend but i wanted to make sure the river is still fishable. im open for other spots too if anyone's got any hot spots :D

I was just down there and the river is high to say the least, i didn't have any luck . im headed out to the crooked monday if you want to go there , its been great fishing last couple times.

C
chillfish420
Thanks for the info! I would take you up on your offer for monday, but i have school monday after work. I changed my plans to headin down to the crooked tomorrow though, I haven't ever fished there, but i was told some good spots were right below the dam. I picked up some rapala's and a couple jigs to try out, so hopefully i feel somethin yerkin on the end of my line :)

J
JeannaJigs
Good god that sounds cold.

S
spmpdr
chillfish420 said:
Thanks for the info! I would take you up on your offer for monday, but i have school monday after work. I changed my plans to headin down to the crooked tomorrow though, I haven't ever fished there, but i was told some good spots were right below the dam. I picked up some rapala's and a couple jigs to try out, so hopefully i feel somethin yerkin on the end of my line :)

Really anywhere about 7 miles to and from the damn are great!!! Some spots i would recommend are the lower palisades, devils post pile and poison butte campgrounds all great spots with about 200 yards up and down stream to fish. GOOD LUCK!!!

C
chillfish420
well me and my fiance went down there today, didn't have any luck. we stopped right at the cattle gates, lower palisades, devils post pile and poison butte, we tried all of them for awhile, switching between rapalas and bobber and jig, i also threw a rooster tail for a bit. we didn't catch anything, but we did have a great time enjoying the weather and the sights. as i was driving, i did witness one guy hook into somethin on a fly rod, maybe ill head down there and see if i can figure out how to fly fish sometime lol. thanks for the info though!

M
mezzfin
chillfish420 said:
well me and my fiance went down there today, didn't have any luck. we stopped right at the cattle gates, lower palisades, devils post pile and poison butte, we tried all of them for awhile, switching between rapalas and bobber and jig, i also threw a rooster tail for a bit. we didn't catch anything, but we did have a great time enjoying the weather and the sights. as i was driving, i did witness one guy hook into somethin on a fly rod, maybe ill head down there and see if i can figure out how to fly fish sometime lol. thanks for the info though!

The Crooked is nymph heaven - and the easy way to get into fly fishing!