Death to the skunk at the OFF hole (PICS)

D
drifter
JeeperGal said:
I want one of those beauties, please! :eek:

gotta come out

kirkster
kirkster
The first one Drifter caught was rippin and jumpin

The first one Drifter caught was rippin and jumpin

:dance:It was an awesome day on the river, it was great meeting all the OFFers that was pretty cool,:cool: Drifter you have my vote for (catches) of the day.:clap: The first one you caught this morning was one of the better hatchery fighters Ive seen in a while. Rippin line, Jumpin, it was great:yay: hope to run into you guys again. Kirkster

R
Redfox458
Okay, I too want one of those. Heck, I've never even HAD one of those. Somebody PLEASE send me a PM, lemme know where this place is, and what to use, I want one! I have a tag and whatnot, but too lazy to look, whats the limit on these beautiful things?

R
Redfox458
Ok so to answer my own question, I'm allowed 2 steelhead per day, and 5 jacks per day. Awesome. So, here comes a total salmon/steelhead NOOB question.....what the heck are jacks? Somebody please answer my question without making me look like a total idiot....:rolleyes:

O
OnTheFly
Redfox458 said:
Ok so to answer my own question, I'm allowed 2 steelhead per day, and 5 jacks per day. Awesome. So, here comes a total salmon/steelhead NOOB question.....what the heck are jacks? Somebody please answer my question without making me look like a total idiot....:rolleyes:

Pick me...I know!...I know!
A jack salmon are those that follow the run to spawn but have only been in the ocean for a year or so. They are nature's insurance that there are enough fish to fertilize female eggs. If there are many adult bucks in the return the larger fish will bully out the jacks.:)

R
Redfox458
OnTheFly said:
Pick me...I know!...I know!
A jack salmon are those that follow the run to spawn but have only been in the ocean for a year or so. They are nature's insurance that there are enough fish to fertilize female eggs. If there are many adult bucks in the return the larger fish will bully out the jacks.:)

Okay, so are they colored similar to regular steelies? Or more like rainbows?

B
beaverfan
They don't really look like either they look like a small salmon. Here's a link to a good picture of what Chinook Jacks look like. They will look different than a Rainbow or Steelhead.

Last edited:
D
drifter
kirkster said:
:dance:It was an awesome day on the river, it was great meeting all the OFFers that was pretty cool,:cool: Drifter you have my vote for (catches) of the day.:clap: The first one you caught this morning was one of the better hatchery fighters Ive seen in a while. Rippin line, Jumpin, it was great:yay: hope to run into you guys again. Kirkster

thanks man.. hopefully i can have another one of those days. hope to see ya oput there again..

L
Lovefishing
Where on the Clack were these caught, I'm new at Steelhead fishing and would love to try and catch one.....or does anyone have advise on where I can go. I live in west linn.

R
Redfox458
Anybody planning on hitting this hole Tuesday or Wednesday? I just found out I'm off work at 1 on Tuesday, could be out there by 230 or so. Just wanted to see if any OFFers were gonna be down there. I'll be the newbie who looks like he has no idea what he is doing with the super long (9'6") rod. I kind of know what people are using, I'm just going to get inventive and see what I can do. :pray:

F
Fishtopher
Your rod is fine. Thats what most guys are using. I think. I might be out somewhere near there, or there...

S
starion87le
I'm going to try to be out there Tues., evening as well, could see you guys there!

C
catphish
maybe i missed it in all that reading. Where is this hole? Newly named OFF hole I read, I have time later and all week, can I get a pm please on loc of this spot? My only trips on clack result in skunk.

Y
youngbuck307
i want to go if i pick up a rod.....

H
HANKIII
Yeah guys tell him where the whole is so i can read it and find out for my self.:dance: My pole is already set up with corky and yarn:clap:

N
ninja2010
youngbuck307 said:
i want to go if i pick up a rod.....

tom, if you're in town... i can bring my rod to the office and you can pick it up. i'm downtown - sw 5th and stark. let me know...

B
bigdog
catphish said:
maybe i missed it in all that reading. Where is this hole? Newly named OFF hole I read, I have time later and all week, can I get a pm please on loc of this spot? My only trips on clack result in skunk.

It's below faraday lake dam. Easy to find and the hike down isn't to bad at all.

S
steelhead_stalkers
Very good job out there! Love to see the chrome!

R
rookie_drifter
yeah I was there too with drifter and my cuz's, I lost one that day too right when drifter lost that big steely...:lol: