Dear Mr. Steelhead, I hate you so much.

Raincatcher
Raincatcher
Sick & wrong!

Sick & wrong!

JeannaJigs said:
LOL! NASTY. There was a guy dropping a deuce 10 feet from the bathroom there. TEN FEET FROM A FLUSHER. He said he didn't want to wait for someone to come out.

So wrong. I didn't even know what to say...I was dumbfounded.

Only one thing comes to mind....eeeewwwww! I'm thinking "Super Blaster Super Soaker" would be handy just then. Sick and wrong!
Barb

H
Hawk
Sounds like some of those lowlifes are relatives of Al Bundy's relatives...................................:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:...................................:cool::cool::cool:................................:shock::shock::shock:

J
JeannaJigs
Raincatcher said:
Only one thing comes to mind....eeeewwwww! I'm thinking "Super Blaster Super Soaker" would be handy just then. Sick and wrong!
Barb
It's sick and wrong in so many ways. I don't know what people's malfunctions are, but this kinda thing goes on entirely way more than it should. Some people should be zapped with a cattle prod.

J
JeannaJigs
Hawk said:
Sounds like some of those lowlifes are relatives of Al Bundy's relatives...................................:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:...................................:cool::cool::cool:................................:shock::shock::shock:
Al bundy was more civilized than a portion of the populous that lurks around the Siuslaw.

H
Hawk
I like Al Bundy. I said his relatives. Remember them?.................................:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

L
luv2fish
Hawk... my man...lol...your awesome..:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

J
JeannaJigs
Hawk said:
I like Al Bundy. I said his relatives. Remember them?.................................:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
Lol yes, yes you did

H
Hawk
JeannaJigs said:
Lol yes, yes you did

itt seemed like Peg's side of the family were mostly the inbred ones............................heeheehee....................................:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

J
JeannaJigs
Hawk said:
itt seemed like Peg's side of the family were mostly the inbred ones............................heeheehee....................................:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
Indeed. I used to live next door to a family that reminded me of them....oi it was bad. I didn't live in that house long, but the free entertainment next door was amazing.

H
Hawk
luv2fish said:
Hawk... my man...lol...your awesome..:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

well, Thankyee velly much BRO......................................:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:....................................:cool::cool::cool::cool:.......................................:dance::dance::dance::dance:

H
Hawk
JeannaJigs said:
Indeed. I used to live next door to a family that reminded me of them....oi it was bad. I didn't live in that house long, but the free entertainment next door was amazing.

yep, on HBO i saw the movie "Wrong Turn"......................pretty scaarry...............................................:D:D:D:D

F
fourgotten
JeannaJigs said:
It's sick and wrong in so many ways. I don't know what people's malfunctions are, but this kinda thing goes on entirely way more than it should. Some people should be zapped with a cattle prod.

You are much more kind than I... Cattle prods are so tame... :D

F
fourgotten
JeannaJigs said:
Al bundy was more civilized than a portion of the populous that lurks around the Siuslaw.

Been out to Junction City Pond lately? I'm thinking that heading out there with a big stick and using it on anyone who leaves even the smallest bit of litter would go a long way to making that place ALMOST useable... I stopped in on the way back from the Alsea today and was simply disgusted by what people have done to that place... :mad:

S
steelhead_stalkers
fourgotten said:
Been out to Junction City Pond lately? I'm thinking that heading out there with a big stick and using it on anyone who leaves even the smallest bit of litter would go a long way to making that place ALMOST useable... I stopped in on the way back from the Alsea today and was simply disgusted by what people have done to that place... :mad:

Unfortunately for the most part it is the kind of fisherman you get at a place like that!! If you were to go half those peoples houses there would probably be trash there too!! Not everyone there is like that, just saying a majority.

J
JeannaJigs
steelhead_stalkers said:
Unfortunately for the most part it is the kind of fisherman you get at a place like that!! If you were to go half those peoples houses there would probably be trash there too!! Not everyone there is like that, just saying a majority.
It's a major problem all throughout the state, I collect a nearly 40 gallon bag of garbage every weekend I'm on the Siuslaw, I hate the mess, and no one else does anything about it. I'm going to look into getting a monofilament recycling post put in at Austa, there's a number in the reg book to call...not everyone's going to use it, but if at least a few do, it would be very much beneficial me thinks.

I make a point to NOT fish at the Junction City pond, I haven't been there in 10 years or more, last time i was there a drunk guy was threatening to shoot his wife. Real special. Cops were called, guy was arrested, and I have had no desire to go back, regardless of the size of fish they put in there.

F
fourgotten
JeannaJigs said:
I have had no desire to go back, regardless of the size of fish they put in there.

I'm planning to petition ODFW to stop stocking activities for JCP until such time as the garbage problem is resolved.

J
JeannaJigs
fourgotten said:
I'm planning to petition ODFW to stop stocking activities for JCP until such time as the garbage problem is resolved.
ODFW can't really do anything about the garbage. It really falls on Junction City, a letter perhaps to the JC officials (if they even have any?) might do some good. ODFW is going to continue stocking regardless I'm fairly certain.

GraphiteZen
GraphiteZen
fourgotten said:

I don't think that will really do much to clean it up, and I doubt they would seeing as it's so popular. The influx of complaints they would receive would far outweigh any problems they have had with the garbage which would probably be none.
And what would you get out of it? Sure there would be less garbage, but there would be a lot less fish as well! In addition, considering the number of hawgs in that pond there will still be plenty of people fishing it.
I would complain to other officials about the garbage. Perhaps advise them that all the fish hooks laying around are a hazard to children, and all the line is a hazard to wildlife. The discarded food is drawing in rodents which bring disease, and it is just generally an unsightly place to the residents of Juction City, etc.
Stuff like that....

F
fourgotten
JeannaJigs said:
ODFW can't really do anything about the garbage. It really falls on Junction City, a letter perhaps to the JC officials (if they even have any?) might do some good. ODFW is going to continue stocking regardless I'm fairly certain.

Of course you're probably right... but it certainly wouldn't hurt to bring the idea up... maybe they'll drop a word or two to the city to get their a$$es out there and get some stuff cleaned up... Sadly the fault is not ENTIRELY with the people who use the place as the trash recepticals are overflowing... 'course.. they could just do what I do, and pack it out with 'em...

Last edited by a moderator:
F
fourgotten
GraphiteZen said:
I don't think that will really do much to clean it up, and I doubt they would seeing as it's so popular. The influx of complaints they would receive would far outweigh any problems they have had with the garbage which would probably be none.
And what would you get out of it? Sure there would be less garbage, but there would be a lot less fish as well! In addition, considering the number of hawgs in that pond there will still be plenty of people fishing it.
I would complain to other officials about the garbage. Perhaps advise them that all the fish hooks laying around are a hazard to children, and all the line is a hazard to wildlife. The discarded food is drawing in rodents which bring disease, and it is just generally an unsightly place to the residents of Juction City, etc.
Stuff like that....

I'm bringing it up to them as well... and if ODFW did refuse to stock it until it's cleaned up, the hawgs would soon be all fished out... but.. yeah.. I realize that they probably wouldn't stop stocking it... but at least it would be bringing the idea up....

If the people there can't be bothered to take care of their fishing grounds, then they don't deserve the use of them.

As I was standing there jigging, a cormorant flew by, jingling because of the lure wrapped around its leg. The line and such really IS a hazard to the wildlife out there... not that I'm terribly fond of cormorants, but I don't wish them any ill will...