Dear Mr. Steelhead, I hate you so much.

J
JeannaJigs
ninja2010 said:
rapala has a great pair of small scissors that's designed to cut braid. snip, snip - works great. never liked clippers coz all they do is "shave" the coating and leave the strands frayed...
I have this little leatherman micra something or another that has scissors, and it works pretty well, but I always forget that I have it, it has a way of dissappearing into the depths of my bag. I had some rapala pliers at one point in time, but they were overpriced and I wasn't so impressed with them..and then they fell into a lake and that was that, and i went back to my beloved leadmasters and have been happy ever since.

N
ninja2010
fine. be that way...

J
JeannaJigs
ninja2010 said:
fine. be that way...
Haha well if you would like to donate a pair, then I'd be more than happy to use them with a smile, but I'm so broke it's not even funny. I'm doin' everything I can just to scrape up gas funds to hit the river on the weekends :( So for now, I'll take your word on their awesomeness, how's that?

N
ninja2010
i'll let you use it if we ever fish together... fair enough? actually... check your pm shortly.

F
fourgotten
JeannaJigs said:
Haha well if you would like to donate a pair, then I'd be more than happy to use them with a smile, but I'm so broke it's not even funny. I'm doin' everything I can just to scrape up gas funds to hit the river on the weekends :( So for now, I'll take your word on their awesomeness, how's that?

WalMart on 11th has those floating plastic pliers on sale for $4.50, and they have titanium cutting dies in them... they clip braid like butter... awesome stuff!...

If you're havin' trouble scrapin' up gas funds, you could always ride with me... from your posting, it looks like you and I fish some of the same stretches of river...

J
JeannaJigs
fourgotten said:
WalMart on 11th has those floating plastic pliers on sale for $4.50, and they have titanium cutting dies in them... they clip braid like butter... awesome stuff!...

If you're havin' trouble scrapin' up gas funds, you could always ride with me... from your posting, it looks like you and I fish some of the same stretches of river...
I've seen some floating ones at bimart on royal. They were bright green..and I thought about getting a pair because I have a pontoon boat and I've lost two pairs of $18 leadmasters (they sink, like lead...) :( NOT COOL. They looked pretty good, except for I noticed one big detail, they were stubby. I use my pliers to get hooks out of fish (and for cutting mono, and lead, obviously, oh, and worms...I can't tear worms in half, that's disgusting, I have to chop 'em with the cutters on my pliers), so I prefer longer nosed pliers, but I might still get a pair though if they cut braid easily and float, for that price, I think they were like 10 bucks at bimart. I should check out walmart.I just avoid it like the plague. If you fish the Siuslaw and lake creek then yep we fish some of the same stretches, I fish both of them in their entirety :) (lake creek is looking super sexy though, compared to the poop brown that is the siuslaw, at least as of yesterday)

Last edited:
F
fourgotten
JeannaJigs said:
I've seen some floating ones at bimart on royal. They were bright green..and I thought about getting a pair because I have a pontoon boat and I've lost two pairs of $18 leadmasters (they sink, like lead...) :( NOT COOL. They looked pretty good, except for I noticed one big detail, they were stubby. I use my pliers to get hooks out of fish (and for cutting mono, and lead, obviously, oh, and worms...I can't tear worms in half, that's disgusting, I have to chop 'em with the cutters on my pliers), so I prefer longer nosed pliers, but I might still get a pair though if they cut braid easily and float, for that price, I think they were like 10 bucks at bimart. I should check out walmart.I just avoid it like the plague. If you fish the Siuslaw and lake creek then yep we fish some of the same stretches, I fish both of them in their entirety :) (lake creek is looking super sexy though, compared to the poop brown that is the siuslaw, at least as of yesterday)

Stubby, yeah... but I have other pliers for hook removal and general "plier" work... These are light, snip through braid and mono in a trice, and are a LOT tougher than I would have thought... would have bought some earlier if I'd ha' known... *chuckle*

Lake Creek looked really good today, but I couldn't get a bite... granted I didn't go UP it.... just poked around Konnie (and nearly busted my butt on some slick rocks) 'cause I hadn't checked it out yet... Kid that I talked to there said that the steelies have been off of the bite there for the last few days... I think that he was talking from between the wrong set of cheeks... *grin* Later in the week I'll be making a more thorough investigation of Lake Creek... maybe I'll actually CATCH something... :dance:

H
Hawk
JeannaJigs said:
I had a bowie knife that mysteriously dissappeared, I think my roomate at the time had something to do with it lol, I miss that knife. These days I carry a small 5" gerber something or another for bleeding out these mysterious fish I can't seem to catch anymore, and a machete for slaying blackberries.

I saved & searched fer a long time. Finally i found a good deal on a used 4x4 tractor with loader. I'm agonna reclaim some of my logging roads that are overgrown with berry vines/bushes. This Is War..................................heeheehee.....................................:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:.........................................:cool::cool::cool:

F
fishnquest
Well, this has been a totally interesting thread, lots of good stuff here. I learned about mr steelhead, fishing line, scissors, tractors...anyone remember rube goldberg?:lol:

J
JeannaJigs
fourgotten said:
Stubby, yeah... but I have other pliers for hook removal and general "plier" work... These are light, snip through braid and mono in a trice, and are a LOT tougher than I would have thought... would have bought some earlier if I'd ha' known... *chuckle*

Lake Creek looked really good today, but I couldn't get a bite... granted I didn't go UP it.... just poked around Konnie (and nearly busted my butt on some slick rocks) 'cause I hadn't checked it out yet... Kid that I talked to there said that the steelies have been off of the bite there for the last few days... I think that he was talking from between the wrong set of cheeks... *grin* Later in the week I'll be making a more thorough investigation of Lake Creek... maybe I'll actually CATCH something... :dance:

I hate konnie...because there's such good fishing there and they've let it go to crap. It used to be really nice, and now it's just dumpy and run-down. I dare you to use the pit toilet there. DARE YOU! I had two take downs on Sunday at the top near the Horn, and saw a couple rolling down near the boat ramp, but wasn't able to hook up. If you have waders, there's some really good holes further up, I pulled a monster trout out at Indiola wading out 20 feet or so, and I know there were some chromers in there, it was lookin' real fishy, they were just being difficult. Wish I could get out during the week when there's less people out there.

J
JeannaJigs
Hawk said:
I saved & searched fer a long time. Finally i found a good deal on a used 4x4 tractor with loader. I'm agonna reclaim some of my logging roads that are overgrown with berry vines/bushes. This Is War..................................heeheehee.....................................:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:.........................................:cool::cool::cool:
lmao front loader tractor to wage war on blackberries, that is awesome. I think I'll stick to my machete.

H
Hawk
fishnquest said:
Well, this has been a totally interesting thread, lots of good stuff here. I learned about mr steelhead, fishing line, scissors, tractors...anyone remember rube goldberg?:lol:

Bro, lustrums ago i lived over by Monterey, CA & Marina, Prunedale................:D

I did a lot of fishin' over by the Delta, Sac River, CA Aquaduct, Delta/Mendota canal, San Luis Res Forebay, Camanche Lake south shore, etc.
Caughta lot of stripers, LM Bass, catfish...............................:D:D:D:D

N
ninja2010
fishnquest said:

we are very diverse in our interests, and unrestrained in our observation of thread dos and don'ts. i luv it! so would rube...

L
luv2fish
Rube Goldberg as --------- the inventor in the cartoon strips???????????

N
ninja2010
yup

F
fourgotten
JeannaJigs said:
I hate konnie...because there's such good fishing there and they've let it go to crap. It used to be really nice, and now it's just dumpy and run-down. I dare you to use the pit toilet there. DARE YOU! I had two take downs on Sunday at the top near the Horn, and saw a couple rolling down near the boat ramp, but wasn't able to hook up. If you have waders, there's some really good holes further up, I pulled a monster trout out at Indiola wading out 20 feet or so, and I know there were some chromers in there, it was lookin' real fishy, they were just being difficult. Wish I could get out during the week when there's less people out there.

I don't use pit toilets ANYWHERE if I have ANYTHING to say about it... Dare me all that you want but it ain't gonna happen... I'm frightened of the toilet hole monsters.... *nod*

Perhaps I'll head up there with my waders on Thursday... I have to hit the river or the surf at least one day in the next three... I've got a couple dozen ghost shrimp that need using before they "expire"...

J
JeannaJigs
fourgotten said:
I don't use pit toilets ANYWHERE if I have ANYTHING to say about it... Dare me all that you want but it ain't gonna happen... I'm frightened of the toilet hole monsters.... *nod*

Perhaps I'll head up there with my waders on Thursday... I have to hit the river or the surf at least one day in the next three... I've got a couple dozen ghost shrimp that need using before they "expire"...

LOL the last time I used a pit toilet anywhere it was the one at the Tide boat ramp...NEVER EVER EVER AGAIN! It was raining, so the roof was leaking, and then there was a SNAKE in there!!! I do not do snakes. NO SIR. Almost jumped in the river trying to escape that place as fast as possible, it was a bad scene. Not to mention I don't think it had been cleaned in 10 years.

H
Hawk
Summtimes i bring a portapotty on my boat................................:lol::lol::lol::lol:.................................:cool::cool::cool:................................:shock::shock::shock:......................................:rolleyes::rolleyes:

F
fourgotten
Hawk said:
Summtimes i bring a portapotty on my boat................................:lol::lol::lol::lol:.................................:cool::cool::cool:................................:shock::shock::shock:......................................:rolleyes::rolleyes:

At least you're not one of those jackasses that s**ts on the bank at the Linslaw boat ramp when there's a bathroom right there...

One day, I'm gonna catch someone in the act and they'll have to wipe with a chainsaw, 'cause I'm gonna cork 'em with a tree... :mad:

J
JeannaJigs
fourgotten said:
At least you're not one of those jackasses that s**ts on the bank at the Linslaw boat ramp when there's a bathroom right there...

One day, I'm gonna catch someone in the act and they'll have to wipe with a chainsaw, 'cause I'm gonna cork 'em with a tree... :mad:
LOL! NASTY. There was a guy dropping a deuce 10 feet from the bathroom there. TEN FEET FROM A FLUSHER. He said he didn't want to wait for someone to come out.

So wrong. I didn't even know what to say...I was dumbfounded.