Crazy looking gem lake trout

troutdude
troutdude
This 7.10 lb brute was caught back on 9/16/11. What a crazy looking fish!

M
mahmichael
That is a sick trout right there!!

:shock:

A
army40
Wierd Fish

Wierd Fish

troutdude said:
This 7.10 lb brute was caught back on 9/16/11. What a crazy looking fish!

I just read an article about "Tiger Trout" in the ODFW fishing guide. That sorta looks like one but I didn't think they were that big yet and the release was only in Phillips Reservoir and Fish Lake. They are a cross between male Browns & female Brook trout. See page 45, ODFW 2012 Fishing Regulations

T
TTFishon
To me it looks like a nice bow that's been out of the water for a while and rigor mortis has set in.

D
dtikey
I see it says diamond lake as location up top if this is then its just a hatchery brude stock fish that odfw put back into diamond after the kill off to try and get people to come back up there so they didn't loose all the revanew that fishing genarates up there.If I had to guess would say meat was probally soft and just because its got a adipose fin dont mean much.

troutdude
troutdude
army40 said:
I just read an article about "Tiger Trout" in the ODFW fishing guide. That sorta looks like one but I didn't think they were that big yet and the release was only in Phillips Reservoir and Fish Lake. They are a cross between male Browns & female Brook trout. See page 45, ODFW 2012 Fishing Regulations

There are no browns, nor any brookies, in Diamond. So, unless ODFW stocked it with Tiger's...there are none in there.

T
Throbbit _Shane
dtikey said:
I see it says diamond lake as location up top if this is then its just a hatchery brude stock fish that odfw put back into diamond after the kill off to try and get people to come back up there so they didn't loose all the revanew that fishing genarates up there.If I had to guess would say meat was probally soft and just because its got a adipose fin dont mean much.

They only stock Diamond with fingerlings now that they killed off the chubs. The trout there grow really big!

D
dtikey
Throbbit _Shane said:
They only stock Diamond with fingerlings now that they killed off the chubs. The trout there grow really big!

actually my stepdad is head of recreation for the diamond lake ranger district and was up there durning the whole process and they stocked it with trophy, keeper, and fingerlings.

troutdude
troutdude
Sinkline said:
There are at least 4-strains of Rainbows in "Gem", including one Fall spawn strain known as, "Fishwich" which comes from Fish Creek near Mowich. Randy

Wow. Who woulda thunk, that a fisherpeep could land a fish sandwich? I gotta get my butt down there!!!

<add cheese and tomato please>

J
JeannaJigs
Yeah it looks like it's been dead in a cooler for a few hours. There's some good sized bows in there.

S
steelhead_stalkers
They stocked a klamath strain of rainbows too that are meat eaters. We have caught a lot of them in the shallows. You know when you catch one because they will look like a colored up steelhead! :D The first few years they stocked various sizes of trout. Now they just do one big batch of fingerlings each year. By the fall they are catchable size! It grows big fish. That one in the pic has just been dead for a long time.