Count down.....

L
lilsalmon
P8111325.jpg13 days and counting down.......1000007_3418416356091_1288693377_n.jpg

T
TimberTodd
I am going to take a day off to fish Quartzville creek once it opens. can't wait!!

L
lilsalmon
It has been a couple years since I fished Quartzeville....it is beautiful water. They were going to change the free camping but not sure what came of that. There are some nice fishes in there.

SiletzTroutKiller
SiletzTroutKiller
I was working out by Quartzville creek last summer and I saw some trout, including a pretty big one swimming around in the pools

C_Run
C_Run
lilsalmon said:
It has been a couple years since I fished Quartzeville....it is beautiful water. They were going to change the free camping but not sure what came of that. There are some nice fishes in there.

I fished the lake up there twice this week. There is a small crew erecting "no camping" signs and all the fire rings have been picked up. Zero squatters now.

SiletzTroutKiller
SiletzTroutKiller
C_Run which lake by chance? Only wondering because when I was working out there last summer we ended up by a lake near Quartzville creek and I wondered if it held fish. I don't really remember how to get to the lake or the name of it but I do remember it was a damn long walk downhill from a forest management road (sorry for poor description lol)

C_Run
C_Run
SiletzTroutKiller said:
C_Run which lake by chance? Only wondering because when I was working out there last summer we ended up by a lake near Quartzville creek and I wondered if it held fish. I don't really remember how to get to the lake or the name of it but I do remember it was a damn long walk downhill from a forest management road (sorry for poor description lol)

We might not be talking about the same thing. I just meant Green Peter Res. and the closure of the roadside camping up there. I have paddled all the way up to where the creek dumps in the res. and have seen some big fish up that way but , so far, have just caught average kokes and trout and smallmouth up in that zone. I haven't taken that drive that goes all the way up yet.

T
TimberTodd
It doesn't really hurt my feelings that they are restricting camping to only the parks. People have left some horrendous messes along the river.

troutdude
troutdude
I've fished MANY season openers, at Quartzville. I love that place. I've even been all of the way up, and over, and come out on Hwy. 22.

Personally, I am glad that there is no more camping along that road. 'Nuff said.

Good luck Rose!

J
JeannaJigs
lilsalmon said:
13 days and counting down.......

If the weather permits...I plan on putting the tent up there the night before. I'm not willing to camp in the rain yet though.

brandon4455
brandon4455
tying flies and filling the box... a few good streams opening. 6 days to go as of tomorrow.

T
TimberTodd
Just checked the nymph inventory in the box. I am taking at least one day off next week to do some bug chucking. I haven't fished since the first week of February. Dang daughter and her wedding plans.

L
lilsalmon
Rain in the forecast but that won't stop me. I am irritated that the free camping has been restricted on Quartzville. Thanks to the idiots that had no respect for the outdoors. Unfortunately, we all suffer and are denied the enjoyment of camping along a beautiful river. The idiots will just move on to another place and ruin that too. I know of 2 places that I fish that has free camping....I hope it stays that way. Anywho, will be out bright and early Saturday.....good luck to everyone that has also been waiting for this day....hehe.

Reactions: eugene1
J
JeannaJigs
I am bummed. Buttttt NEXT MONTH! Next month's trip will be epic.

Reactions: lilsalmon
L
lilsalmon
JeannaJigs said:
I am bummed. Buttttt NEXT MONTH! Next month's trip will be epic.

See ya on Saturday? hehe. Can't wait for our trip next month....it WILL be epic...hopefully the hatch cooperates with us

L
lilsalmon
TimberTodd said:
Just checked the nymph inventory in the box. I am taking at least one day off next week to do some bug chucking. I haven't fished since the first week of February. Dang daughter and her wedding plans.

Where will you be going?

E
eugene1
Good luck you all! Nothing like the season opener to get the juices flowing.

Nice thing about trout is that it is usually in a beautiful area.

Take care, and post some pics of the fish and scenery,

J
JeannaJigs
lilsalmon said:
See ya on Saturday? hehe. Can't wait for our trip next month....it WILL be epic...hopefully the hatch cooperates with us

Yessss I will be going Saturday after all :) our trip next month will be epic, and the hatch will cooperate! I pity the fool that misses out.

y8y5y5yg.jpg

yma7eteb.jpg

u2a2ega9.jpg

J
jimmy
<------------ East bound and down, 120 miles and truckin'........

T
TimberTodd
lilsalmon said:
Where will you be going?

I am headed for Quartzville creek Monday morning. If nothing else I will post some pictures of the scenery.