Could you tell me what the water/fishing condition is?

S
spark
I am going to head to Umpqua river tonight for fishing tomorrow. Could you tell me what the water/fishing condition is?
Where is best for bank/boat fishing this time of the year ? I never been here before so I need your help.

I heard that it was heavy rain last night, wonder it is still fishable or not.

Thank you,
spark.

S
sherman
I can't give you any tips as a good spot for I'm not a salmon /steelhead fisherman. But I can tell you we didn't get that much rain last night & with my job I cross the north & south Umpqua at several locations. The north still looks nice & green & the south although not as green still quite fishable.

J
JeannaJigs
here's a link to all the river guages for the umpqua, both north and south, as well as the mainstem. You can click on each individual station for detailed information including graphs of the rise/fall and forecasted rise/fall at each specific guage. I haven't been down there recently so I can't give you a visual, but this is one of the most valuable tools you can have as a fisherman. It can prevent many a wasted trip to a blown out river.

perhaps someone else will chime in with more specific information that will help you.

http://www.nwrfc.noaa.gov/river/river_summary.php?sort=s1&ss=name&ss=UMPQUA

E
eugene1
I was told anything under 10 feet on the Elkton gauge will fish. Do you have a boat?

Lots of them from Scottsburg on up. Banking it? then try at Sawyer's rapids. Can't give much info as I've never caught anything there, but I've tried a bit.

Good luck,

D
dtikey
I would guess sawyers is still pretty high for banking it so if I was going to bank fish down that low it would be at clevend rapids where the north and south come together.If boating it I would say tyie or however you spell it.Just sound it out.