Cougar Res. 06-06-2010

T
Thuggin4Life
Me and windburnt took my boat up to cougar to try to stay dry. Was raining at 9 when we got there so we put on the rain gear and spent a few minutes moving debris off the ramp. once we got in and started fishing it never really rained exept for a short downpour that we were lucky enough to hide under a bridge for the most of it. started to rain again as we were leaving around 2 or so. only managed a few fish no keepers. we fished all over the lake at a few different depths with our 4 rods. all different types of flashers with worms and wedding rings and worms. We were gonna try blue river but as soon as we hit the highway it was raining hard. drove up and looked at the lake and it was really wet so we came back. crazy how it rained on the way up and down but never much on us or in town. took a picture of theis cool waterfall but it doens't look so cool in the picture. Guy at the vida store told us someone had been in there to use his scale. official weight was 8.5lbs. not bad for a rainbow out of blue river. there was a lot of debris in the lake and it is at full pool.

N
nwkiller
nice pics....8.5 #er outta blue river?????? holy sh** thats the biggset fish ive heard caught outa there, was it the res or the river?

T
Thuggin4Life
I didn't ask much but the guy at the store seen the boat and then we started talking fishing. he made it sound like it was the reservoir.

T
TTFishon
Hey, thanks for the report and the pics too.

T
travis_lightner
Nice pics. I hope it warms the water up weather we have been having in central oregon. We are really looking forward to cougar and hope to bag a few chinook and a couple big rainbows. We will be there for four days or more. I got all the equipment for it hope luck is on my side, seems cougar is kinda difficult to get bag the big ones. better luck next time.