Coos Bay crabbing report

jamisonace
jamisonace
I hit Coos bay off the Empire ramp for crab on Saturday. We fished five pots and two rings with chicken for about three hours and ended up with five Dungeness keepers and a handful of red rock crab.

We dropped all the gear straight across from the ramp on the north side of the bay.

I didn't hear of anyone doing too much better than what we were able to do.

It wasn't much but we did end up having a crab boil with corn, potatoes, shrimp and artichoke that was really good. I just wish we would've had about a dozen crab for the meal.

Reactions: eugene1
E
eugene1
Sounds pretty good, but not great for crabbing. Did you bring the kids?

Happy new year, jamisonace!

jamisonace said:
I hit Coos bay off the Empire ramp for crab on Saturday. We fished five pots and two rings with chicken for about three hours and ended up with five Dungeness keepers and a handful of red rock crab.

We dropped all the gear straight across from the ramp on the north side of the bay.

It wasn't much but we did end up having a crab boil with corn, potatoes, shrimp and artichoke that was really good. I just wish we would've had about a dozen crab for the meal.

M
Mad dog
jamisonace said:

Dammit....Didn't even recognize you in the dark there Jamie! Were you crabbing out of your driftboat with your 2 boys and getting your pots ready right before daylight? If so, I was in the 16' Jon boat loaded with duck decoys and crab pots that launched just at daylight! We were in a hurry to get out there and I wasn't paying close attention! We only caught 3 keepers and some red rocks for 2 pots....ton's of dinks!!! Talked to some people that caught no keepers! Ton's of people out there crabbing! We dug some nice Gapers on clam island and shot limits of ducks to fill out a pretty nice day on the bay.
DSC03045.jpg

B
billfisher
Looks like a great time for all of you. Good eats too! Nice pic. Mad Dog

jamisonace
jamisonace
Yeah, that was us MD. We heard you shooting. I wish I had known you were clamming. The boys and I want to learn how to do that.

Looks like it was a great day for you.