Coos Bay Fishing Reports

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
Decided to try the submerged jetty on the incoming tide, crab seemed scattered, a keeper here and there, then 4 keepers in one pot, took home 9 and I left before high tide.

Fishing was slow, worked the north spit jetty out towards the bar without luck but then back at the submerged jetty, things changed. Drifting over the rocks with a green/silver Lancers jig, hooked this teal beauty that tried to get back into the rocks three times. Then he blew across my net (got great video of that) but in the end, all smiles on the kayak.

BuL5JrR.jpg

I didn't really mark any schools of rockfish but there were several murre's chomping on bait fish.

back home, this crab picked a fight with a measuring stick that he apparently disagreed with. :LOL:

KJgHtDn.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: LazyBrewer, hobster, plumbertom and 6 others
Irishrover
Irishrover
Perhaps that crab wants a remeasure! The ling looks great, also looks like the ling might be wanting a piece of your beard. Those teeth appear to be sharp.

hobster
hobster
Nice! Great picture

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
I should add the crabs were full of meat, 6 hard, 3 of them had flexible shells but lots of meat inside.

time to cook my "Berkeley Cioppino", especially after this mornings walk on the beach...

kk5qvKR.jpg

Reactions: Admin
DOKF
DOKF
You are having way too much fun!

Reactions: rogerdodger
rogerdodger
rogerdodger
DOKF said:
You are having way too much fun!

and eating way too much seafood.

rrjhxHA.jpg

FJhdcqf.jpg

Reactions: NKlamerus, Eazy-E, DOKF and 1 other person
plumbertom
plumbertom
Yeah, you keep tempting me to try that digging for razors.
Maybe one moring we can get together and you can provide some instruction to a complete newby?I used to dig pismo clams at whats now called Bolsa Chica state beach but back then it was commonly called 'tin can' beach in orange county CA.
Because of the steeper beaches there you were always wading in the surf to dig clams and we did it with garden forks. Fortunately in So Cal the water is quite warm compared to here.
This cold water here has prompted me to buy waders and underfleese pants to wear under the waders.
I bought them for surf fishing, something I don't do often enough.
But I'd like to give clam digging a try.

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
PM sent.

Top Bottom