Coos Bay April 15

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
I had a great day, ocean still too rough so I went searching for rock fish in Coos Bay and I found them: 2 'blacks' came home with me, 2 'coppers' were released.

I did not take my crab pots today as this was a recon trip but I will take them next time now that I have a feel for the area.

D
DrTheopolis
Yum

hobster
hobster
Yum indeed! Cool video, i dig the shot with the bridge in the backround and the relaxing elevator music :) Man i gotta get out and fish, i've been out with the bug wand once since winter steelheading, not nearly enough! Damn responsibilities......
Looking forward to our next excursion Roger!

troutdude
troutdude
Most excellent! What a great way to chill, and to get some exercise. And FINALLY...someone with GOOD taste, in music beds (and it's not over-driven too boot)!!! :thumb:

G
Gulfstream
Nice!

T
TimberTodd
Excellent Roger! It was neat seeing my old stomping grounds.

rogerdodger
rogerdodger
thanks everyone, with almost no wind predicted for Sunday I was forced to do it all again but this time with both my Promar collapsing crab pots...

the good news, I landed 6 rock fish and lost 6 more on the way up to the kayak. However, all 6 that I landed were 'coppers' and went back into the water...I got a picture of the first one, probably the smallest of those I got to the boat...

also on the good news, I got a big red rock crab who is joining the 2 blacks that I caught on Friday to make tonight a "fish, chips, and claws" dinner; I even donated a Sierra Nevada IPA for the beer batter....cheers, roger

626140[/ATTACH]"] YUbgxsM.jpg

626142[/ATTACH]"]bagtOXC.jpg

B
billfisher
That's a huge red.